¹

the air was frigid.

violets arms cross in front of her as she watches through the side of a drawn black curtain. thick and velvet.

on the other side, stood the band and her daughter. luna sat in the arms of finn as he talks to the raving crowd. all gushing in excitement to get another glimpse of finns bloodline.

violet hated that he constantly brought luna out to the stage every show he could. it bothered her with an itch that he couldnt just leave her out of the mainstream.

but luna loved it. and as a parent, she just couldn't tear the happiness away from her daughter.

"its lunas fifth birthday in the next four months or so."

violet listens to finns voice through the mic as he projects to thousands of interested fans. the camera broadcasting the two of them up to screens for the nosebleeds.

"last year she told me that for her birthday she wished for me to fall off stage."

laughter fill the theater, violet smiles from a distance as she watches.

"shes pretty abusive but its fine." finn bounces her gently as she waves goodbye. he thanks them for coming out that night and headed back off stage as he typically did.

violet watches, arms folded as finn slings luna upside down; tickling her and playfully shaking her around.

luna roars in high pitched laughter, her dark curly hair a mess as shes placed right side up in finns arms. violet couldnt help but smile.

"hi mom." finn speaks, handing their daughter over as he approaches her. the other band members part around them, heading to gather their things.

"did you have fun?" she watches lunas violent nods, a giant smile to her face. teeth ever so small and shiny.

"i want to go to daddy's next show." she holds onto violets shoulders; a voice bubbly and full of life.

"daddy's next show?" her eyebrows furrow, only wishing that luna didnt enjoy the public life so much.
"we'll see, okay?"

"are you guys ready to head to dinner?"

"yes!" luna shouts, excited to be apart of what usually happened after shows. for it had begun to be a tradition once more to find some diner nearby.

"would you mind grabbing lunas things while i help the others pick up?"

violet nods, staring up to finns dark eyes. he thanks her, squeezing her arm and ruffling lunas curly hair as he walks past.

as promised, violet grabs lunas small backpack and helps her put it over her small shoulders. she plants her feet to the ground and has her walk beside, hand in her own. the two head out to the black jeep by themselves. violet sitting luna into her car seat, securing it before finn came out so that he didnt have to.

she hops in the passenger seat, starting the engine for nothing more than the music on the warm, late winter, night. eighties music flows through and luna sloppily sings along from the back seat. violet hardly notices, staring out the window at the back door in awaits for finn.

soon, the four band members come out in a peal of laughter, temporarily waving each other away into their own vehicles for the night.

jack stops on his way to his car parked beside finns, tapping on lunas window for her to roll it down. his cold hand squishes her warm cheeks.

"uncle jack!" lunas high pitched laughter floats through the car as finn gets in, situating his things in the front seat.

"i'll see you at the restaurant kiddo. good job on stage tonight, you crushed it."