¹¹

three weeks.

three weeks balancing his band and the modeling career. and it was taking a toll on finn.

every morning, arriving before the sun was near to work on songs in the studio that he knew would never be released. and every night staying past hours to finish photoshoots or fittings or editing. it was always something.

he never got to see luna anymore, once in the morning.

and maddie was still there.

quite frankly, he didn't have the time to kick her out. he was gone before she was awake, and back after she was asleep. he wasn't sure how to bring it up, or when. but he was serious about her leaving.

nothing had developed between the two, nothing had sparked like she had hoped. and perhaps she was starting to get a little bored with it. nevertheless, she was still there.

it was midnight, the building dark and still except for the back half, in which illuminated with the two men's presence. he supposed the janitor was the only other remaining other than himself and the photographer.

"those shots look great felix, really." finn stands over him as he sits at his computer, clicking through the finished products for the week before.

"i'll send them in tonight, its a waiting game after that but our company has grown since the last time. we'll hear back soon."

"i'll see you tomorrow, thanks again." finn grabs his soft leather jacket, pulling it over his grey cotton long sleeve as he heads out of the office.

his expensive shoes creak on the marble flooring, his eyes to his phone as he checks his messages from the day.

finn makes it out to the vacant lobby, the receptionist had been long gone. the lights flipped off, illuminated by the blue tinted lights displaying decorations throughout.

his eyes shoot up from his phone as he hears the elevator ding, it was unexpected in such a quiet building.

he watches the doors open, he thought about not stopping once he saw her. he thought about going through the front doors and leaving before she even had the chance to notice him.

but she noticed, and quickly.

"finn?"

his innocent acting eyes turn towards her, he forces his eyebrows to screw confusion to the rest of his face.
"violet? what are you doing here."

"im ceo of this company finn, what kind of question is that." she adjusts the heavy box she held up onto her hip. her see-through black tights blend to her black heals, legs seeming endless.
"what are you doing here, is probably a better fitting question. whose watching luna?"

"shes with jack at my place. i um, i just wanted to speak to felix for a minute." he glances to the door, clearly lying.

"you think i dont know? i see everything thats backed up on those computers." she begs for his eye contact, needing to feel his attention that he was refusing to give her.
"why didnt you tell me you were modeling?"

"i didn't want you to feel uncomfortable."

she sets the box down to the ground, its contents rattling on impact. her arms cross over her button-down covered chest, pushing her neat long hair from her face.
"what youre putting out, its going to change your life finn."

"i wouldnt count on that." his keys rattle in his hand, the other in his jacket pocket.

"well i would, and i think i would know a bit more about this business than you do. it doesnt matter how i feel about it, if you have what sells and you're happy, then thats what we need."

"i already have the best life, vi."

"guess you better get ready for more then." she smiles gently to him. he could help but return it, warmth fluttering to his chest.

"listen i know we left off in a weird spot-"

"we dont have to talk about it finn. i know you dont want anything with me, im not as naive as ayla keeps making me out to be."

she had expected him to correct her, that he did want something. but he didnt, she really was that naive.

"thanks vi."

"so three weeks? how did you not get luna to run her big mouth to me about that?"

"its called bribery." he shrugs with a chuckle, causing violet to laugh.

"really? how so?"

"you would not believe how easy it is to bribe our daughter, one package of fruit snacks was good for almost a month."

"hush snacks." she stares to him.
"thats never worked for me."

"guess she picks favorites."

"she must." violets eyes roll playfully, it felt peaceful to talk to him; to laugh with him again.

"i don't want to let her down doing this, vi." he sighs, the mood changing as he stares down to his feet.

"finn there is not one thing in this entire world that you could do to let her down. she wants to be just like you."

"its just, she was supposed to grow up around the band. thats what she looks up to me for, not this."

"youre her dad, thats why she looks up to you. shes not going to care what you do, who you are. shes going to care how hard you work, how much you give for her."

"why do you never over-think anything?" he smiles gently to her.

"god, i do i promise."

the silence in the room is cut off by his phone ringing in his hand. they both look down to it, maddies name across the screen.

"i should get going."

violets eyes travel back up to him. lingering in disappointment that she tried not show but he could feel.
"yeah, okay finn."

her gentle voice shoots to his emotions, he felt miserable.

nevertheless, he turns from her. bringing his phone to his ear as he heads out the door.

she picks up the box, listening as he leaves. his voice echos through the empty building.

she didn't feel hatred, she didnt feel sadness. she fet nothing.

"hey mads, im on my way home now."

1050 wc