¹⁰

finn awakes in the feeling of warmth, his body traced in a cold sweat on top of his heavy blankets.

he gets to his feet, pulling his shirt from his body to the floor. his hands brush through his hair, and makes his way out to the kitchen.

the afternoon light evaporates the sleep from his face, pulling a cup down from the cupboard as he glances out to his livingroom.

maddie sits to the soft rug on the floor, showered and clean as she brushes through luna hair with her fingers. lunas dark eyes hypnotized to the cartoon on the screen in front of them.

"morning." he speaks, watching as they both look towards him.

"morning daddy." lunas small voice is brushed back to the tv, maddie standing gently to her bare feet.

she approaches him in the kitchen, wet hair draping to her naked shoulders in a tank top. she practically floated as she walked, a heavenly smile to her lips.
"good morning."

"its late." he pours water to his glass, setting it to his clean counter tops.

"didn't want to wake you. you've been working long hours lately, figured you could use the rest."

"any luck on houses yet?"

her white smile falls, eyes to the counter.
"not yet-"

"one more week." he dumps out his glass to the sink, suddenly not thirsty.
"not that i dont care for you but, its a bit of a small apartment for three people."

"you and violet made it work."

he stares at her for a moment, emotions raging into him as he begins to walk past her.
"that was different."

he approaches luna in the living room, her arms reaching up to him from the ground. he picks her up, wrapping his arms around her body as she hugs him tightly.

"am i going to moms?"

"no, uncle jack's going to come over to watch you tonight-"

she squeals in his ear; flinching away, he brushes her curly hair from her face.

"i could watch her tonight, finn."

"no, you have houses to look for." he sets his daughter down.
"anyway, i will only be gone for a bit lunes. i should be back before bedtime."

"and if youre not, can i stay up?"

"sure." he smiles, watching as she sits back down to her spot on the floor.

he trails back to his bedroom, maddie following close behind without a hesitation.

"finn, if its only for a few hours you dont need to bother jack. i will be here anyway."

"i already asked him," he finds a dress shirt in his closet, buttoning it up himself.
"and no offense, but i dont want her getting too close with you."

"why?" she frowns, arms crossed as she stares at what was left of his naked torso.

he quickly buttons the rest, sighing into a fixed collar.
"because then she'll miss you. and youre not staying."

"whats so wrong about me being here? i take care of you!"

"you do, and i appreciate it." his voice stands quiet next to hers.
"but i dont want you."

"then tell me what you want."

"i want you to be happy mads, i really do." he finishes getting dressed.
"but i dont need someone right now, and you do."

she stands silent, rubbing warmth to her bare arms.
"where are you going tonight anyway?"

"im meeting with felix for a photoshoot."

"felix?"

"from medial industries." he nods, pulling calm patterned socks up over his ankles under his dress pants.

"violets company?"

"hoping shes not there today, but yes. felix is only here for the week."

"youre not thinking of modeling as a full time thing, are you?"

"maybe." he shrugs,
"havent decided yet."

"why would you throw away everything you have for some dumb pictures."

he stares to his feet. violet had always wanted him to do modeling.
"im not leaving my band. but its not a forever."

"you dont know that-"

"all bands die." he corrects her, grabbing his things from his dresser and heading back out to the living room with his daughter.

he was right.

all bands die.

later that day, he begins to head out. a firm leather jacket to his shoulders as the snow just wouldnt let go of the clouds. it was a break they needed, as the roads were practically snowed in that month. a beanie covers his curly mess of hair, nose tinted red, fingers frozen.

the warm building was a relief and a punch to the gut all at once. the warmth was instantly taken with his memories in that building.

he wished she would get out of his head.

he wished he could be the adult that he was, and move on.

"finn?"

"wolfhard, yeah."
he watches the secretary's fingers glide across the keyboard, she glances up to him with a faint smile. she was pretty, clean.

"follow me right this way."

he watches as she stands, much shorter than himself as she stands in her heals. he respectfully follows close behind her towards the back of the building. her auburn hair falling to her back neatly as she swings a heavy door open for them.

"felix!" she calls down the hall, standing motionless at the door.
"finn wolfhard here to see you!"

"send him back!"

she nods towards him, signaling him to go. he thanks her, nodding gently as he carries on.

"long time no see, kid."

"its been a while, huh?" finn approaches him, hand extended in a firm grip to his.

"years, mate."

"its been busy with luna."

"violet mentioned to me that your band is still running along. so what are you doing here?"

"i want to model, felix."

his grey mixed eyebrows raise towards the tall boy, arms crossed.
"now i have been bothering you for this for years. why now?"

"time for something new." he shrugs.

the photographer stares at him, fingers to his chin.
"this wouldn't have anything to do with violet, right? you know she works from home now?"

he tries to hide the shock from his face,
"yeah i know."

he didnt know.

"its about her, isnt it?"

"i have more to my life than her, you know."

felix smiles,
"no you dont."

finn rolls his eyes, arms crossed.
"can we just start?"

felix moves from his spot,

inviting him in.

felix was right, they both knew.

1060 wc

lots of updates coming now that im on break:)