Chapter 50

"I can't believe this is happening. You got your wish. It's a fairy tale that came true," Rosemary mumbles. We stood next to Noah while he talked with the police. The head nurse and security guard chatting behind them in hushed voices.

            "What about you? You want to stay in here for your boyfriend? The man, who only works here. Come with us," I say. Rosemary gives me a weird look. Her eyes flickering over to Jackson. Natalia was talking to him with Garret at her side. I couldn't get over their attire. They clearly were dressed for an event of some sort. My heart ached for the normal life style I had created.

                 "You know I can't do that. You barely know me Reyna. The only reason we are talking is because of this situation," Rosemary reminds me. She shrinks away noticing various eyes drift to her. The officials wondering her involvement in my stay here.

                 "Rosemary, I might not know you. But I think you're too scared to live your own life. Maybe it's just me, but I think you should talk with Jackson. You have similar personalities, and interests," I confess. Part of me was urging her to join us. I hoped she could reign in the man, who Jackson was. They both wouldn't have to be alone. It could be a fresh start.

                   "I don't understand. Sometimes I swear you make no sense," she laughs awkwardly. I walk up to her and place my hand on her shoulder. She glances down at the hand, her smile slipping off her face.

                   "You can't live in this bubble forever. You have to accept that nothing will be perfect. The world can be a horrible place. But sometimes it just shows how beautiful life is."

                  I sat on the bed listening to Noah chat with Natalia in the hallway. My hands gripping the soft sheets underneath me. It didn't feel real to be back in my home. Our bed looked the same as the last time I was in it. Has he slept in here without me? I would assume he has, right?

                  The door closes loudly causing me to jump in fright. Noah apologetically smiles as he undresses from his suit. "We have a lot to catch up on," he states. I bit my lip, but the tears continued to form. It was always a habit of mine to try and conceal my weakness. I never succeeded, especially when it came to facing him.

          Noah shrugs off the jacket and turns to look at me. My silent response causing him to be concerned. His face drops at seeing the tears leak from my eyes.

                 He walks over to the bed whilst unbuckling his belt. He pushed down the dress pants and crawls into bed. His familiar cologne bringing me relief and comfort. I relax into the sheets as Noah pulls me into his arms. I rest my head on his bare chest listening to his heart beat.

                   "Let it out," Noah says. It felt like the last shatter to the dam of water. The tears start to flow down my cheeks. My nose begins to become runny as sobs form in my throat. He holds me close to him whispering in my ear. "Shhh, it's okay."

                  "I didn't think I was going to be found," I confess with a sob. My lungs start to burn from lack of oxygen. Noah sits up pulling me into his arms as I start to cough. His hand on my back for support. My vision becomes blurry the more I cough.

                    "It's over for now. I've killed Simon," Noah confesses. I look up placing my hand on his cheek. The slight stubble of his beard feeling rough under my fingertips.