Chapter 5

There was a knock on my door behind me. The noise echoed throughout the large room. "Coming." I call out. I nearly stumble over my feet to the door. My skinny heels making me feet throb. I adjust myself before yanking the door open. There stood Noah in a tux in front me. His hand on his other wrist adjusting his watch.

"You look beautiful." Noah comments. His eyes doing a full examination of me before meeting my face. His eyes warming my skin from its intensity of his gaze. "Brendon is down stairs." He reminds me.

I brush my hands across my sleek black dress and adjusted the straps. Noah offers a hand to me bowing slightly. I take it allowing Noah to bring me to his cousin. If I was being honest I was scared. Celeste seemed certain that Brendon and I were similar. If she had hope for me I guess I had to trust her. Speaking of Celeste, she wasn't going to be at the movie premiere tonight. Which meant Noah was going to it alone.

As we round the corner of the stair case I hear someone clear their throat. My eyes catch sight of a tall slim man. He had a grey suit on and a handkerchief tucked into his pocket. His black hair was slick back and his green eyes were brighter than my future. "You must be Reyna." He says greeting me with a smile. I blushed but responded with a subtle nod to him. Noah lets go of me as Brendon shuffled closer.

"Shall we head out to dinner? I promised some people we'd arrive early to the premiere." Brendon suggests. I immediately noticed how soft his tone was. He definitely wasn't like Noah. I couldn't tell if I liked it or hated it. It was kind of nice I had to admit.

"I'll see you later cousin." Brendon calls out leading me to the doorway. I was thankful he didn't question why I was living with Noah. Noah told me he handled the situation. I had no idea what lie he told him. I couldn't think Brendon would be cool with me impregnated with his cousins child.

Brendon tugs me closer to him as we walk outside to his car. His warmth keeping me comfortable from the chilly weather. "You drive a Jeep?" I almost laugh. Brendon notices and grins at me opening the door for me. "I'm quite different from my family members you'll see." He says before shutting the door. The jeep was black and the interior was white. It must be hard to keep this clean. White shouldn't be a material for anything cloth. It was simply too hard to keep clean. Especially white shoes since they bugged me the most.

"Where are we going?" I ask noticing we weren't on the highway. We were taking a side road after we left the gated community Noah lived on. "I want it to be a surprise." Brendon says glancing at me.

"So how long have you known Noah?" He asks.

"A while actually since I know another cousin of yours. But we weren't that close growing up." I say honestly. It couldn't hurt to disclose that.

"I can't believe I've never met you. A girl like you." Brendon scoffs. A smile remaining steadily on his face.

"A girl like me? What's that supposed to mean?" I laugh. At first it was awkward but now it felt like the tension was melting away like butter.

"When Noah told me about you he made it seem different. I was expecting a totally different person. But here you are and you're even better than I imagined. If I'm being honest I haven't dated in years." Brendon confides in me. His smile slightly faltering. I knew I shouldn't ask him the question but I had to.

"Did something happen?" I push slightly. My curiosity was definitely going to kill me one of these days.

"I was once engaged." My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"Oh gosh." I replied flabbergasted. I didn't want to pry on his past. I didn't need to pry. But I had to reply otherwise the conversation would die out. "I grew up dating no one. I wish I could've gotten engaged." I shrug.