Chapter 23

"So your saying my mother is a reaper?!"

"Quite possibly yes, that would make you a reaper as well" Iwaizumi chuckled as he closed the book and placed it back on the shelf, making sure it was dust clear.

Chatting with each other was a sort of verbal dance, one beautifully chaotic, one that makes you laugh out loud feel your heart switching on. It was banter, Tooru guessed, but he lived for it, looked forward to it, and would have spent any amount of time in Iwaizumi's company that he could have. They were funny together, not so much with others...they just brought that sense of playfulness out of one another.

Oikawa's eyes were a hickory as rich as the earth's soil; stained with the colour of hot chocolate on a cold, winter night that wraps around you like a blanket; engulfs you in its warmth and makes you feel at home.

Those deep pools of dark-cinnamon swirls seized the depth and heaviness of one thousand untold stories, which imprisoned the sweetness of saccharine chocolate and the bitterness of strong coffee. They consisted of raw emotion and if you observe closely, they will reveal to you the exact thought that crosses the marvels of his ominous mind.

On the other side of all that... His brown-mahogany orbs scintillated with a mischievous glint that could be noticed next to the umber that rimmed his iris. They glow with humor and playfulness that never seem to escape his eyes. Nevertheless, his eyes possess sorrow that placed a melancholic veil, which cloaked his eyes; it seemed as if it made the happiness in his eyes matte.

Yet, when he smiled. The corners of his beauteous eyes lustered happiness in soft twinkles, which reflected the light that made his eyes copper against caramel. Likewise, his eyes glazed with a liquid that will reveal to you the pure blissfulness, which glistered inside the almond, circumscribed by eye-lined lashes.

His iris was a large stain of wood and ebony pigments... Its size gave it a sense of innocence and purity. This is the part where you can see all the buried kindness eclipsed behind the saturated colour of fine, exquisite oud.

There was some sort of goodness in his eyes, which tells you that no matter what he did, their intention will never carry any hint of malevolence or malignity whatsoever.

The kindness may not be necessarily be shown or exposed. But if you look closely, you can reveal all the mysteries that are hidden in the deep beds of those big, brown eyes. From the surface of the stolen specks in sunlight, to the abyss in the abysmal depths of dusky, auburn.

That was what what Iwaizumi saw when he looked into Tooru's eyes at that very moment. It was an odd thing for him to fixate on a certain part of ones body but something about Tooru Just made him give in completely.

He hated it.

No, he loved it. He wanted to learn more about his former...about his lover once again.

"But...all jokes aside, even if my mother is a reaper and so am I...what does that even mean for me?"

"It doesn't mean anything, it just means that you know where you came from, if your mother cared about you she wouldn't of abandoned you..." Iwaizumi replied in a rather calm manor, as if completely moving on from his sudden fixation on the brunettes eyes. Though Oikawa hadn't even noticed that stare

"I..I guess you're right there..."
Hope is when we realize we can still play to win what's worth having. As Iwaizumi dragged the other out of the library. A mysterious sense of hope was sent to Oikawa. As if he was telling himself  'you made the right decision'
Decision?
The decision to give Iwaizumi another chance

—————
Places to sit and eat, to relax as folk went about their day. There were the sky towers in the centre, what was once thousands of homes now took up less ground space than an old shopping mall. The rest was parks and wild spaces, a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles or horseback. Yet perhaps Oikawa's favourite thing was the river that flowed through it.

Abukuma River. ... Crossing the northern edge of the long but low Abukuma hills, the Abukuma River then flows into Miyagi Prefecture, past the city of Kakuda and between Iwanuma and Watari before reaching the Pacific.

Just on the right side of the River, there was a wishing well. At the bottom of the wishing well lie hundreds of pennies, some green with age and others still that shiny brown. The pair stopped to glance down at them through the clear water - each one a heartfelt wish or prayer.

Each one represented pain and hope. Iwaizumi dug a hand into his pocket and pulled out a 1¥, the smallest change he had and tossed it in, watching it sink, joining the others.
"This is how we are," he mused, "all of us needing hope, even if it's just pennies in a well."

Hope is a bright star in a hopelessly dark universe. Through light years of distance, the brightness fills our inner selves. Hope makes us smile on the inside as well as on the outside. Hope is not just an emotion, it is a promise that smiling and laughter are just around the corner.

When the fighter has been laid on the canvas by a well placed right to the jaw, hope is there saying, "Get up. Take a nine count if you must, but be ready to stand, and have the ref dust off your gloves. You're going to win this match." Hope is drawn to the person who sees beyond the present defeat, beyond the moment of being cast down, beyond the loss of a job, and beyond the negative words of hopeless voices.

Tooru hoped that Iwaizumi and him could stay together forever now. Just to be able to stand leaning over the wishing well for hours on end. That would make him content.

However this soft and gentle silence was broken when the ravenette picked up Oikawa bridal style and started to carry him through the main parts of town "I'm taking you to lunch...you need to get some meat on your bones" Iwaizumi said in a rather motherly tone "After that we're going grocery shopping, I know you probably don't have a lot of food at home"

"B-"

"No buts"

By lunch Tooru expected a restaurant somewhere- he didn't expect to be brought to the very place he worked. The same cafe that he went to all those years ago with Iwaizumi- he couldn't almost clearly remember the day he passed out and Iwaizumi had to take him home.
It was rather funny really

The cafe was his refuge, this place he can make believe that he is in a caring society. At the tables are his imaginary friends and regular costumers. We are born to need social bonds. We are born to need a sense of others, even if we are alone. It is terrible for the higher brain to know that we are solitary, that our life path has asked us to learn how to be the warrior instead of the cosseted, the protector and not the protected. Yet there is a need to fool the senses that this society is a safe place and we belong to a tribe. So in this cafe, among the  noises of people, their scent, their occasional glances and the chatter of the baristas.

"Why would you bring me here of all places-"

"Because it brings back memories"

A/n
Hm...Hope you enjoy

Votes and comments are appreciated !❤️