Chapter 1

Both teens were walking home from volleyball practice when The brunette decided to speak up. Which wasn't exactly unusual for him.
"Hey iwa-chan do you want to go to that new cafe that opened?"

"Sure why not...just don't start checking out the waiters like you did last time!" Iwa huffed and felt oikawa grab his arm roughly

"Cmon then iwa-chan the cafe is this way. And for your information I was not checking them out!" It took a while but eventually iwa was able to push oikawa off him.
By this point they were already walking inside the cafe.

"Geez slow down Oikawa!" Iwaizumi harshly slapped oikawa off him, which caused the taller boy to act like he was crying in an attempt to make his friend feel guilty. It worked, but only a bit. Oikawa knew Iwaizumi like the back of his own hand and he knew he didn't truly mean any of the things he did. That's why he always pretends to be annoyed at him. Because iwaizumi knows Oikawa is also playing around. They've always been like this, since they first met they always squabble over the silliest of things but they loved each other for it. Platonically of course.

"Hey iwa-chan, do you want to share the strawberry cheesecake?"
The brunette beamed, brushing off everything that just happened.
"Sure...though i thought you said this was a cafe, oikawa this is a bakery!"
Iwaizumi chuckled and watched as oikawa pouted and placed the order with the spare change he had in his tracksuit bottoms.
Square tables, glass tops, menus pointed upright , slow turning ceiling fans above, light classical music, waiters smartly yet casually dressed in black and white, terracotta rustic tiled floor, large windows, small vases of blue carnation flowers on each table, daily specials on a chalk board at entrance. It was a surprisingly peaceful atmosphere actually, he could understand why Oikawa loved it so much.

When the cheesecake arrived Oikawa was quick to dive in. Figuratively. "Here Iwa-chan!" Oikawa lifted a spoon with a piece of cheesecake up to Iwaizumis face and mouthed an 'awe!' Motion.
"Stop treating me like some kid crappykawa!"

"You know I hate that nickname Iwa-Chan! I was just trying to be nice!"

"And you know I hate 'Iwa-chan!'" Iwa mocked, Imitating Oikawa saying his not-so-hated nickname. Iwaizumi looked at his friends slightly disappointed smile and ate the cheesecake off the spoon Oikawa was still holding with a light blush tint on his cheeks, feeling slightly embarrassed. The brunette however couldn't be happier Iwaizumi accepted the gesture. After eating the cake Iwaizumi offered to walk his friend home as he was going the same way.

By the time Oikawa got home, night had fallen and enveloped the prefecture in a blanket of darkness.  The Brunette waved goodbye to his friend and scurried down the path towards his house, his shoes slapping against the stone steps that led to his front door.

Fallen leaves littered the walkway, bathing it in dark red and orange, and he stepped on them with a satisfying crunch. The porch light was on, and the familiar yellow glow made the house feel warm and inviting. A brand new flower pot to the right of the door was filled with blue and yellow chrysanthemums.

The metal of the doorknob was cool against his palm and he twisted it with ease, entering the well-lit living room. Surprisingly his mum and dad were still up, he expected they'd just left the lights on for him.
"Hey son, out with that friend I presume?" Oikawa's mother smiled.
"You know me too well!" Oikawa smiled brightly and ran up the stairs to his room. To call Iwaizumi.
"Foods in the fridge if you need it!" His mother called up to him.
"Thanks mom!"

The room contained a small bed, neatly made, two straight-backed chairs,one for himself and one for Iwaizumi.
a washstand, a bureau-without any mirror for he already had a large floor standing mirror in his room. There were
Grey drapery curtains at the dormer windows, and pictures of the top volleyball stars on the wall, followed by Polaroid's of him with his teammates. All
day the sun had been pouring down upon the roof, and the little room
was like an oven for heat. And the windows had not been raised. He pulled off his shirt and let his wings become visible in front of his mirror, he hated them. His wings were dark, somewhat maroon only tainted with more black. Made entierly of coarse scales, the wings could flap threateningly enough with the power to strike a crowd of men into unconciousness.

The bones were visible around the sides and similar to bat wings, only their veins stook out greatly in contrast. Shiny black Feathers coated a lot of the Webbed, thin flesh. As the bones reached the top of the wing, a large ivory spike, curved like an elongated shark tooth, potruded from the top of the wing. It was a hideous sight, the sight one could only assosiate with images of the devil himself. That's what Oikawa thought of them.
His parents...'parents' would always compliment them when he let them 𝓸𝓾𝓽. Which was whenever he was home but he knew they were 𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰. It actually physically hurt him to hide his wings and tail , for some reason it would eventually make him feel fatigued and tired, which was a pain in volleyball practice as it made him seem out of shape. He always got worn out easier. Sometimes he wished he could just let his wings stretch free and fly up over the net and slam the ball to the opposite side, It's not like he couldn't reach the ball now, his height was no problem, but what is the problem is that not only would he be thrown off the team but it would also be breaking the rules.

Well he doesnt know if there is such a rule for a player with wings but they could probably make one. Oikawa noticed his tail that dangled on his body slightly upturned with an arrow tip like spike at the end. It was more comfortable to leave these features out at night, despite the size of his wings that would sometimes sag and hang over the bedside. He near enough always left his tail out anyway, he would have it coil around his torso so no one could see it, that's why he would always change in a cubicle at practice. Though no one knew that. He decided against calling his iwa-chan tonight and climbed into bed wearing just his pyjamas bottoms, which he had cut a small hole in to fit his tail. He never tried cutting the back of his top for his wings because he knew it would be pointless. He opened his phone and sent a message to Iwaizumi before falling into a deep sleep.

To : Iwa-chan!🏐💙
From : Oikawa Tooru🏐😜

Thanks for coming to that cafe with me today iwa-chan! 😆