Chapter 6

Iwaizumi pondered at the door of the Oikawa household unsure of what to say.
'You'll know what to say, trust me' Kunimis words rang in his head

All the reasons as to why he shouldn't open the door seemed to envelope him, yet the reasons to open the door stood out more, he knew that. sitting on the doorstep in the warm breeze, yet hes shaking. staying up all night made no difference to the teens exhaustion. Before reaching for the doorknob he tried to look in the window searching for any sign that his friend is alright, like his cell phone seeking a signal when moving through the mountain passes. But like the phone he's out of range, unreachable. Iwaizumis stomach shifts uneasily.
Iwaizumi opened the door. The teen could feel the remorse deep down in the centre of his bones, he could hear a whimper and then a sniffle coming from the kitchen. How long has he been sitting there?!
Iwa took one step forward looking down at his feet the whole time, and then another and another until he was at the doorway to the kitchen, he slowly let his head rise to see what he was hoping not to.

Oikawa was still on the floor, but this time he was curled up holding his knees to his chest; Iwaizumi gulped and slowly walked towards the brunette. He stirred and flinched at hearing Iwaizumi's footsteps; the gentle tapping sound ceased after the teen noticed a large black shadow that seemed to engulf Oikawa's body
Large black shadows curled inwardly.

Wings
Oikawa has wings and a tail?...

Iwaizumi stepped closer.
The wings were The colour of the night. The dim light that the blinds allowed into the kitchen was sufficient enough for him to see feathers littering all over the sleek, black wings, producing a shimmering reflection. They were beautiful.

"Beautiful" it's a Word That People use so casually yet fail to see its significance, In Iwaizumi's opinion, to say something was beautiful is to say it's unlike anything else, unlike the fake idea of beauty that you see in all the model magazine's. Oikawa was beautiful in his own right. But his wings spoke words that even he couldn't utter; something about the way the little breeze blew the feathers back and forth.

"Oikawa..." flinch
"Oikawa look at me..." stir
"Please?..."

When he looked Iwaizumi it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from his lungs floating into the air like midnight smoke.In that moment it was just the two of us to wander the earth together. Iwa stared into his friends chocolate brown eyes, the kind of eyes that would make you melt, he'd grown so accustomed to them. And now he realised He couldn't bare to lose them- to lose this thing that makes him feel so complete- to lose Oikawa.
The brunette looked back at Iwaizumi's hazel orbits and smiled. Then stood up, his face began to contort that of the one Iwaizumi saw when he first entered the room, it was sad. He must've noticed Iwaizumi's fixated glare on his demon counterparts.

"D-dont look at them...their ugly..."
Iwaizumi felt like blowing up, like yelling at him for even thinking his wings were ugly. For thinking HE was ugly. So instead he walked closer to Oikawa and stretched his arm out to his wings, the brunette took a step back but found there was nowhere left to go but back himself into a wall. Iwaizumi gently touched oikawas wings, stroking them and eventually Stopping to look into the others eyes once more. He was anxious.

"You think I'm still mad with you? Oh, no, not at all. I forget these things faster than a teaspoon of yeast"
no I don't but I'll say whatever it takes to make you happier.
"Yknow looking back on it...it's kinda obvious. Maybe not the literal fact you had wings and a tail but, the fact you always get changed in the cubicles and yet your the most extroverted person I know..." He paused
"You get what I'm trying to say right crappykawa?" That nickname caused a smile.
Oh how I love you see you smile
The brunette put his finger up to the others lips, stopping him from saying anymore.
"All that fear you know, hiding something like this from your best friend when all you want to do is tell them what you really are. I don't like sleeping iwa-chan...I prefer being fully awake, everyone's much safer that way, trust me. I guess that's why I passed out on the table in the cafe ...bakery...so suddenly!"

Oikawa kept on a smile the entire time but iwa knew that was just a face, he knew that oikawa still felt like there was something so ugly about him. Wings so ugly and tail so spikey that it would make anyone look at him as if he was some repulsive freak. To Iwaizumi it just made him more beautiful. So he said it.

"You look beautiful you know that right?...Your wings bring that out even more so." Oikawa began to break out in hysterics
The bastard really thinks I'm joking doesn't he?
Iwaizumi grabbed oikawa by the waist and pulled him over to the sofa, pinning him down, oikawa wasn't laughing anymore, it was more of a nervous chuckle.
"When will you learn to just accept a compliment when it's given to you! You accept them from all the girls in the hallway!" Iwaizumi sneered and noticed that oikawa was more scared of the the boy towering over him to take in much of anything being said to him. The shorter of the pair released his grip from the brunette and sat down on the sofa; pulling oikawa onto his lap.

He could feel how still tense oikawa was, his wings were large, to iwa they looked as though they truly could make flight possible for the other teen. If he had the freedom to stretch out his wings and catch the wind then maybe. Maybe he could fly, just like he always wanted to. When Iwaizumis hand moves over the sleek wings it's almost likehis mind is directing it without him knowing, odd perhaps, but that's the way it is. His hand moves instinctively to the right spot as if he'd done this a million times before, the tension of earlier was gone, oikawa was now beginning to slump into Iwaizumi's chest.
Why is he doing this?...he can't really like my wings can he?...their unnatural!

"They only hurt when I hide them...that's why I always get so tired In volleyball..."
"I'm not going to question why or how you have these things now but...promise you'll tell me soon okay?..." The brunette smiled a genuine smile and nodded.
He let his mind drift, not knowing what to think on what had happened in the course of the last few days; feeling his shoulder muscles begin to relax by Iwaizumis touch, gently caressing the joints between his shoulder blades and wings, it gives him a sense of peace and mental calmness.
Maybe he really doesn't care about my wings? Or my tail ?...
It wasn't long before iwa felt a weight drop completely flat against his chest and  a light snoring sound to come from the teen laying on top of him. The thin tail once again swaying back and forth silently, his wings had drooped slightly into a more resting like position. Iwaizumi smiled to himself and started to play with Oikawa's soft brown locks.
I'll help you to see what i see when i look at you

A/n
This chapter is dedicated to spaghetiinoodle cus like- she helped me A LOT with this chapter and I'm like - in debt to the entire haikyuu house GC-
Votes and comments are appreciated!