Chapter 21

Tooru checked his clock, two hours left before their meeting time. He got up and scanned though his closet. He started trying different pairs of clothes until his entire room was messy.

It reminded him of their 'date' at the festival so many years ago.

"Why the heck am I dressing up for him..." he said after fitting his sixth pair of clothes and looking in the mirror "This ones okay" Oikawa said with a smile. He was wearing a blue button down shirt paired with a pair of loose black jeans as to not show off his underweight appearance. He finished off the look with his favourite pair of shoes "simple, but its okay...im still handsome"

After fixing his clothes back inside his closet and after fixing his hair, he sat on his bed once again, he still had time. However he was startled when his phone rang and when he looked at the caller ID it was Suga. He had completely forgotten that the other male had been concerned about him the other day. well, Suga was always worried about him.

The ringing stopped and Tooru had a moment to sigh in relief. and then it rang again, it was Suga. he waited for a few more rings before picking up the phone

"Yes Suga-chan?"

"oh thank god- you picked up! I was getting worried for a minute!"

"why?..."

"you just ran off yesterday!"

Tooru paused for a moment to think of what to say.

"I uh- had a doctors appointment I forgot about..."

Silence

"A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT!?"

"no, no, no I'm fine!"

"Oikawa Tooru what did you do to yourself?!"

"Suga I'm fine! I had to um- get my lower regions checked!"

"lower regi- oh...OH"

"c-can I go now?...I have somewhere to be" Tooru mumbled with a bright red blush on his cheeks as he checked the time.

uh- yeah, course Tooru"

Before the brunette could reply the call already ended

As Tooru walked to the meeting place he thought of the different things they would do with each other when they see each other once more-  walking towards the near empty library, but the moment he saw the man he loved since childhood days, his mind suddenly blanked out, his eyes started to tear up, he wanted to run but his legs wouldn't move so he just stood there, staring at iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi walked towards Oikawa, at first he hesitated to held him but when he saw the tears on Oikawa's face he immediately pulled him into a tight hug. it'd been 3yrs since they had properly talked and had someone to comfort each other. They both needed this hug, despite the anger they probably both felt, they still needed a sort of island. A checkpoint to just rest . Now that the ravenettes most precious and most important person finally in his arms, he vowed to never let him go again. Oikawa buried his head in Iwaizumi's shoulder as he cried, his hold on Iwaizumi tightened.

both of them stayed in that position for about 34 minutes outside the library. iwaizumi saw how oikawa licked his lips and it took everything in his power to not pull Oikawa and kiss him right there and then. he quickly looked away when Tooru noticed him staring. Oikawa cleared his throat and composed himself quickly- not wanting to come off as vulnerable any longer. he moved away by a few inches.

iwaizumi however took a deep breathe and finally broke the silence between them, he closed the gap between them and took Oikawa's hands , intertwining their fingers together. he smiles as he player with the brunettes hands

"I miss this" he whispered and looked at Oikawa "I'm sorry for not noticing your feelings for me sooner... and ended up hurting you. I'm sorry for masking your life miserable and.. well for making you cry. in short, I'm sorry for being an asshole" He said whilst holding Oikawa's chin, making him look at him. "I hate myself now that I know how fucked up I've made you. I regret not texting. Missing your calls and saying I was busy. I'm asking you to give me a second chance. to prove how I feel about you..but that wasn't why I brought you to the library" he said softly "please?"

Oikawa smiled and gave iwaizumi's hand a squeeze. all his pent up anxiety and fear of seeing his past love again was like a sort of paranoia. It wasn't that he didn't want to see iwaizumi. No, not at all, in fact more than anything he wanted to be held by him once more. to feel his warmth and embrace. to get the feeling of being at home wherever he was with iwaizumi. to feel whole again in a world that didn't give second chances

"y'know I never thought id fall for you...the moment I realised I was in love with you I got scared. scared because I know its not normal, scared  because I know you will never feel the same. so I tried my best to ignore these feelings . I even tried dating girls!..but nothing happened. you're still the person that my heart was and still is longing for.  So I accepted the fact my heart will only beat for one person named Iwaizumi Hajime" He chuckled sadly and scratched his arm for a moment before pausing his movements and continuing.

"so I tried to get you to pay more attention to me..to go to the bakery with me and then on that trip in our 3rd year you finally seemed to reciprocate my feelings...Then we graduated high school, entered different  universities and had our own lives. But my feelings for you never went away. one day I had the courage to text you again and that's when you sent your final message to me...the one that said you had a girlfriend now. though I'm guessing you've broken up" he inhaled sharply and gulped 

"That time my world crumbled right in front of me, it hurts seeing you smile because of someone else, because it should be me you know, that should be me making you happy" tears began flowing down Oikawa's cheeks once more and iwaizumi quickly wiped it but Tooru stopped him. "waking up everyday was so hard for me  knowing that someone already has you. So again, I tried my best to make my feelings for you disappear"

all iwaizumi could do was look at him and hold his hand. hundreds of thorns pierced his heart as he listened to Oikawa, knowing that all these are his doing.

"I almost gave up on my life, almost because everything hurts" he wiped his own tears "you know why I cried earlier?"

"because your mad at me?" iwaizumi answered

Oikawa looked at him and chuckled softly "no, I cried because I realised that until now,. even though you hurt me. this heart still loves you" he pointed at his own heart and looked at the floor "when I saw you yesterday I didn't have the time to process it so I panicked.. but when you hugged me just then I realised how much I missed you. when you left I felt like was lost and now I think I just realised I've found my home"

"does that mean your giving me another chance?"

"Yes, I'm willing to risk my sanity to give you another chance" Oikawa nodded curtly

iwaizumi smiled and pulled Oikawa into another tight hug "thank you shittykawa"

This time he was the one to be crying

"that nickname never died out huh?"

A/n
As always votes and comments are appreciated!