Chapter 2

Iwaizumi was already at school by 8:00

The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the cliquey girls. Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases. There were the aerospace tech kids who never did anything but make paper airplanes and the fashion kids that wheeled mannequins and clothing racks down the halls. And yet the star had yet to make his entrance .

The monotone buzz of several-hundred voices hummed like an orchestra of deadbeat droids. A single figure entered the room, sheer authority silencing the hallway.
He saw the way he walked, shoulders back, yet eyes frequently checking his own appearance; it was as if he felt superior and insecure all at once

It was oikawa.

"Hey iwa-chan!" The brunette called to Iwaizumi and the rest of the Hallway continued talking, separate from a group of 2nd year girls that began walking towards Oikawa.
Iwaizumi always pulled Oikawa out of these situations knowing it made the other slightly awkward, despite how much he flirts. Oikawa frequently smiles and grins although Iwaizumi knows that these expressions are rarely genuine.

One of the girls held herself like her upper spine was rubber, shoulders falling forwards in a way that would be more befitting a grandmother. On her skin was heavily applied blusher and her lips were as red as any 1950's movie star. But the rest of her was as the same as any other girl in Aoba Johsai. Oikawa actually didn't like any of the girls in,Let alone outside of the school. When he was a 1st year he went out with a girl but she broke up with him because he was 'too involved with volleyball'. And in some way that made the brunette give up on Dating, though that might be because he's never found someone he liked since.

"O-Oikawa-san! Um I-"
"C'mon ladies Oikawa has to get to class now" Iwaizumi lightly kicks the other in order to get him moving.
"See you later Girls~" The brunette turns to look behind him, winking and giving them a peace sign.

"Why do you put up with them Trashykawa?"
"Because I don't want to be mean! It's Better this way. Why does it bother you so much anyway iwa-chan?"  In truth, Iwaizumi didn't know the answer to this question, he just always had a bad feeling in his stomach when girls would surround Oikawa like a murder of hungry crows.  So he just shrugs "I just do"

In class walls are bare the windows are large. Everyone wants a window seat, to sit in the unsubdued light of the morning. Outside the sky's blue except for a few strands of stratus that trail like aeroplane trails. Whoever painted the walls in there must have had an imagination bypass, but then isn't that the education system all over? The teacher walks in looking as inspired as a used tea bag and already Oikawa feels a daydream starting, a really good one. This teacher's gonna have to be really interesting if she wants to get the students to do anything. As usual Iwaizumi made sure the brunette took his notes and always slapped him on the back when he would begin to fall asleep. Oikawa was lucky to have him next to him in this particular class (physics)

Volleyball practice was more of an inspirational session somehow. Iwaizumi didn't know how he did it, but oikawa always managed to cheer people up when they needed it
"The skills and talent you have are the right ones for what you are passionate about, in the way  you are passionate to do it, trust your instincts. You need to realise that they are are enough and discovering your own talents is an exciting journey of self-discovery. To select only certain qualities, to expect behaviour more suitable for the you , is torture for both your mind and body. Everyone has talent that is so unique that it needs to unfold like a flower. When the environment is right, we will thrive; you need patience, blooming is natural."

That seemed to cheer up the entire team in an instance. They had been going through a rough patch since their loss to Shiratorizawa at the nationals. Volleyball was their passion, Oikawas childhood ambition to be the best. Childhood ambitions are the rocket fuel for the rest of our lives when they come from our own curiosity and drive. They are the seeds of a passion. They are a needed part of a healthy brain. So when we learn to trust these childhood ambitions and see them as the seeds of greatness, we all win. Whether it's literally or figuratively.

But Oikawa knows full well that he's cursed. He suffers from the curse of the ordinary, he knows deep down that beating Karasuno High at the finals was just an attempt to keep Kageyama and Hinata from passing him with their natural ability to stand out on the court. Oikawa does not have a 'natural talent' for volleyball but knowing this he still does the best he can. He practices and practices and practices. In middle school he actually injured his knee (pushing himself too hard) whilst on the court and it still hurts from time to time. Iwaizumi couldn't ask for more, his team couldn't ask for more.

He's known oikawa too long to think he would ever give up his one true passion. He shared that pass with him, he wouldn't let his brunette friend give up volleyball even if he wanted too.
"W-What you said back there was amazing you realise that right?" Iwaizumi sat next to Oikawa on the bench to the side of the sports hall, taking a drink from his bottle.
"Aw Iwa-chan! Your blushing!"
"Kusokawa! I don't know why I even try at this point!" Iwaizumi Hit his friend over the head which only gained a chuckle in response. Iwa watched the sweat that trickled off the taller teens body, he could admit that his friend was rather attractive in his own right.

Well that was a random thought

"How about you come over to mine later iwa-chan! I've got a new video game and my parents are away on a business trip" Oikawas lips seemed to curve into a frown and it didn't pass Iwaizumis glance. He knew oikawa hated it when his parents weren't home, he knew how alone oikawa would feel at home. That's why he would always stay around his house in those nights.
"Sure, you didn't really have to ask" he stated plainly earning a smile from his friend.

"Get back to work boys!" Their coach called from the other side of the hall.
The two boys nodded at each other and ran over to the court.
"Coming Coach!"

Dedicated to iwaizumisbigdick ,
thaliaakhoury , spaghetiinoodle , AlfieCrocker , @Diny_Miny