Chapter 4

Oikawa awoke rather late in the morning, Iwaizumi wasn't there.
Wait. HOW DID I GET HERE?!
Oikawa basically jumped out of his skin as he tried to recall anything past the cafe
Then he remembered passing out of the table
Shit. Iwaizumi must've carried me home...now that's embarrassing...
Did he see my tail!?...
oikawa panicked, his tail was unraveled from his torso, peacefully resting beside him, he remembered asking iwa to stay the night and his body kicked into high gear before his brain could process anymore

Shit

He felt like breaking down and crying right then and there, he didn't bother hiding his tail as he ran down the stairs to find Iwaizumi
Frying sausages?
"I-iwa-Chan?..." Oikawa was peeking into the kitchen from the doorway, he was scared, you could see it in his eyes.even his tail was tucked in-between his legs.
When they locked eyes Iwaizumi immediately walked over to oikawa and hugged him
What is he doing?
Oikawa was mentally and physically drained, he didn't understand, he didn't want to understand. Why hadn't he been hit yet? Why wasn't Iwaizumi shouting at him, telling him how disgusting he was?

"I know what your thinking oikawa, your not disgusting, all I want is an explanation as to why in the world you have a tail"
"I-I..."  "Im sorry!" Oikawa bursted into tears, he couldn't handle it.
"I-I should h-have told you sooner! I'm so s-sorry iwa-chan!..." Oikawa was now nuzzled up close to Iwaizumis chest as the other traced circles on the brunettes back comfortingly.
"Shh...geez Shittykawa, didn't think I'd see you like this in a lifetime...can't believe I didn't notice this sooner if I'm honest.."

Iwaizumi had realised he'd misinterpreted his actions, his words, his expressions for so many years... as if he'd been speaking a language he couldn't understand... that moment his words stopped was the moment Iwa's heart broke... yet it was a good breaking... the type that leads to healing and new ways onward; sometimes, the loss of words says more. But oikawa could feel the tingle of guilt burying itself in Iwaizumis stomach. By this point his tears were slowing and he wiped his eyes and snotty nose on his friends jacket; which iwa would have yelled at him for if not for the current predicament.
"Sorry for this...for letting you see me like this.." Oikawa kept his head buried in Iwa's shoulder, holding on to him as if he was his protector. But then it hit oikawa how CLOSE he actually was to Iwaizumi. I mean he'd hugged him before but it was quick- this was intimate and long- he'd been hugging Iwaizumi, crying whilst hugging Iwaizumi for 10 minutes.

Blushing would have been no problem, but what he did was go as red as a beetroot and radiate heat like a hot pan. You could have cooked a three course meal on the brunettes face. No-one could have missed it, even Iwa chuckled a bit.
"You realise that there's nothing wrong with hugging people when you've just had a breakdown right?" Oikawa immediately stiffened and lightly slapped the other on the arm, a tint of pink still vaguely apparent on his features.
"I-it hurts...to hide my tail...I can make my wi-" don't tell him about your wings
"My tail invisible...but when I do it hurts, it makes me tired. That's why I become so drowsy in practice,I-"
Oikawa feels fear rise in himself as he watches Iwaizumi let go of him and push him away

he's going to leave me
I should of never said anything
I should've just hid my tail and played it off
I'm an idi-

"SHITTYKAWA ! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU HIDE IT THEN? IF IT CAUSES YOU PAIN THEN YOU SHOULDNT HIDE YOUR TAIL, WHY DIDNT YOU JUST TELL ME- NO THE TEAM ABOUT THIS SOONER?!"
The dread creeps over oikawa like an icy chill, numbing his brain. In this frozen state hid mind offers him only one thought. It is today. There is no avoiding it. Oikawa is like a cow being herded into a truck for the slaughter house, only the cow doesn't know where it's going and he does. I'm going to be abandoned
He hates me.

But There was something in that shout, a pain behind it. Oikawa watched. He watched Iwaizumi's eyes. Then he knew. The anger was nothing but a shield for pain, like a cornered soldier randomly throwing out grenades, scared for his life, lonely, desperate. He breathed in real slow. He won't leave me
"I...I'm telling you now though?...iwa-chan plea-"
"No Oikawa. This isn't fair"
It's not fair? What's not fair ? I'm the one who's had to deal with this pain!
"What do you mean it's not fair I-"
"ITS NOT FAIR THAT YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS ON YOUR OWN"

SLAP.
...
..
.
The slap was as loud as a clap and stung his  face. It had been an open-handed smack and it had left a red welt behind. Just below his eye was a small cut where a ring had caught him. Oikawa staggered backwards and fall to the floor, clutching his face, eyes watering.
"I-I...im s-sorry" oikawa spluttered As he watched Iwaizumi look down at him
Is that tears in his eyes?
Why is he crying?
And then he runs up the stairs.
Leaving oikawa on his own, listening to the sausages sizzle on the frying pan. And that's how he stayed. All the way through until he eventually fell into a restless slumber on the kitchen tiles.
He's left me

A/n
If you liked the chapter votes and comments are appreciated!

Chapter dt kxrrma