Chapter 8

The pair seemed to sit in silence for a while before a lightbulb flickers and sparks in Iwaizumi's head. To inspire is to give advice with freedom to move in any direction. To inspire is to provide a platform to jump from, to fly from, to inspect or reflect. The inspiration is a gift and it is for the receiver to choose their own response.

"You said you could fly right? Well...that you accidentally flew up a tree?" The shorter one questioned as he got out of his seat at the table before grabbing a his and oikawas coat from a rack.

"Y-yeah...I don't know how it happened though...I don't really know how to use them that way because I've never had the ability to..." He seemed to look down at the table, a somewhat solemn and sad face graced his features. "Well then I guess someone's gotta change that! C'mon trashykawa your coming with me or I'll beat your ass out the door!"

Iwa grabbed oikawa by the scruff of his collar and drag him out the door before he could even protest; oikawa didn't bother saying anything once he was out the door.

Oikawa loved the quiet days, the ones of still telephones and silent clocks, loved the random sounds that came sailing in the breeze; the birdsongs that came so sweetly, almost tangible, as if it were softly spun sugar. He would sit there upon the clouds that were his dreams until, as the ones above are so prone to do, they condensed to form the random ideas that quenched his mind.

It was on those quiet days,no one seemed to be out they all must've been huddled up under the blankets watching Sunday television. Oikawa was never one to spend the weekends indoors but every so often he'd make an exception.

"So where are you taking me iwa-chan?" Oikawa seemed to try and smooth his hair down to it's normal shape but it seemed somewhat impossible without hair gel. The brunette hated how Iwaizumi woke up everyday looking like god's favourite, like he was perfect!

I just called Iwaizumi perfect

"You'll see"
It didn't take long for a familiar sight to come into view. A playground. And not just any playground but THE playground in which Iwaizumi and Oikawa  spent their childhood in; they would go there every other day to practice volleyball and talk, that is...up until the end of middle school. For some reason they never went back to that park once 1st year started, maybe it was due to it being 'childish' or the older years that would always come round on their skateboards. But either way, they never really talked about it.

The slow creeks of the swings, rusty and weathered, sent shivers down both their spines. All of the memories of their childhood came flooding back; the once yellow tunnel was now a brown-beige and barely visible through the patches of moss and vines.

What had been a place of joy, of peace and tranquility, could be the set of some horror movie. Oikawa wasn't sure what made him turn away, sadness perhaps, another piece of his childhood severed. It was completely abandoned

10 years ago:

"Iwa-chan don't be so mean! Toss me the ball!"
A 7 year old oikawa whined and desperately tries to grab the volleyball Iwaizumi was so adamant to keep to himself. "Fine fine just get off me you tramp!" Both of them seemed to forget what they were fighting over a burst into tears of laughter from Iwaizumi's use of the word 'tramp'
"Y-your the tramp!" Oikawa laughed hysterically pointing and iwa.
Iwaizumi stood up after stopping his laughter and picked up the ball. "I'll always toss to you oikawa you dumby!"

Present:

"Huh...guess people just stopped going?" Sadness creeped at the edges of Iwaizumi's voice as he recalled all the memories that took place in that playground.
"Guess so..." and from oikawas response, he was thinking of the same thing.