Chapter 12

It is so very hard to admit to yourself that your lonely - It's little wonder our society is broken. Only when we aren't emotionally starving for real companionship can we have good relationships of every sort.

So, when we are brave enough to feel the loneliness instead of allowing our brains to distract us from the pain, we can then begin the process of solving loneliness on a personal and social level. For Oikaawa Tooru, his loneliness grew from his parents constant absence in his life. The only person he could be at home with was iwaizumi

By 9am he was dressed

By 9:05 he was on a call with iwaizumi

"Iwa-chan!...I miss you...its lonely" his voice was at first glance, playful, but under that he was serious. He was lonely and he wanted someone to talk to.

"You always miss me Shittykawa" and he wasn't wrong. "I miss you too" it was more of a mumble than anything else. But he meant it none-the less. "its only until the trip. That's 5 days. I'm sure you can last with just calls and facetimes "

They continued talking for a few hours until Iwaizumi was called to help put out the washing. When the call ended Oikawa was left to his lonesome once more.

After some pointless scrolling on his phone the brunette decided that baking a cake would be a good idea. He had all the ingredients after all. However, after the last disaster Oikawa was barred from baking cake, and that made him all the more determined to do it again.

Just because he burnt not only the cake but the pan and set off both the fire alarms and the built in sprinklers, really, what reason did they have to stop him?

Rich,uncooked in the middle, slightly inedible, a tad bit crispy, he even put salt in instead of sugar. But you could say it was an improvement compared to last time.

This was technically why he always went to cafes and bakery's , that way he didn't have to make it himself. "A cake is a cake" he shrugged and licked some of the icing off his finger.

Throughout the course of the next two days he managed to eat the entirety of that 3 layer sponge cake all by himself. Iwaizumi even scolded him for doing so but Oikawa would just say:
"your just jealous because your not here to eat any of it yourself" and iwaizumi would then reply "Oikawa, your food could literally bring to life some new type of food poisoning" and Oikawa would scowl at iwaizumi until he would say sorry.

Which he never did. Oikawa just couldn't stand not talking to the other for longer than 3 minutes. Their calls would vary in length depending on the subject and if iwaizumi was Called to do a chore. A few of their conversations swayed to the topic of Aliens and Godzilla, more specifically which were real and who would win.

Of course this was a never ending discussion for the pair and a frequently brought up topic. Sometimes Oikawa would bring up the subject just so he could talk with Iwaizumi for longer; knowing that the other would ramble on about how cool Godzilla was.

And somewhere down the line he would find himself defending Aliens and talking about proof they existed.

It wasn't until Friday evening did Oikawa find himself staring- daydreaming at the teen on FaceTime with him. Maybe it was the void of loneliness that made him say it. But either way he meant it.

"Hey iwa-chan?"

"Hm? Yeah what's up?"

"Yknow I really like hanging out with you"

"Yeah me too, what makes you say that though?"

"I think I really wanna kiss you"

"You wan- what?..."

BEEP

End of call