Chapter 5

Oikawa awake's as if it's an emergency, as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. His heart beats fast and there is a buzzing in his brain and together they are as panic with jump-leads. Only now his brain is as a flat battery, the exertions of the night being a marathon of erratic problem-solving. And so this day will pass as if He was hungover, not from drinking, but from the nightmares that demand solutions
He have always been a giver, warm and loving. Even as a child he never cried, seeking to make others happy. Often people sought Oikawa in times of trouble and He gave all he had - his whole heart and showered love upon them. By age nine adults leant on him, unbeknownst to what made oikawa so different. They told him of their woes and he was their spark of light. Yet when his time to suffer came, when his world was a hurricane of ice, every light but one switched off. All but one offered a skinny love, shallow and brief, before now. Finding a reason to excuse their flight.

But maybe that's the way it had to be, one light to follow, no choice but to walk toward love and truth. Perhaps the road toward heaven feels like hell. Because He could tell you He'd never felt more empty in mind, body or soul, never so bereft of any comfort. Oikawa have never felt so worthless or disposable, never so wretched and cold. For hours he's felt no emotion, only an urge to move ; then all at once He'd be on the floor, shaking with a grief that bled from his bones. He wanted to talk to Iwaizumi.
To hug him, to have someone to tell him
It'll all be ok.
Maybe he could talk to him?...

These difficult emotions, He could see them as a river flowing by him. Iwaizumi didn't get an ounce of sleep all throughout the Night. He couldn't talk to oikawa. Not yet. He shakes his head violently. He pounded it down again and again, but his thoughts would not dislodge themselves. They would drive him insane. But yet He keeps them deep inside, close to his heart they abide.

Wishing he could get rid of these terrible thoughts but also wanting to keep them tucked deep inside. They confuse and anger him. Why didn't the bastard just tell me sooner! but yet they are his abditory. They are his worst enemies, yet his closest friends.
So he opened his phone and clicked on Kunimis contact details.

To: Kunimi 🏐

Can we meet at the coffee shop near yours?

From: Iwaizumi

He had to talk to someone.
He wouldn't tell them directly why he needed to talk to him. But he'd ask for advice somehow.

BING

From: Kunimi 🏐

Sure, be there in 20

Iwaizumi didn't need to get dressed, so he just got up and went down the stairs. He didn't look in any way towards the kitchen in fear of seeing oikawa before he was ready too.
Oikawa didn't even notice Iwaizumi leave. He was too busy wallowing in his head.

Kunimi could write himself a list of chores in the morning and then sit with coffee after coffee as he pondered which to do first. Then he would check the time and see that he was due a snack and he would call his team mates to fix him one since he was 'busy.' After eating the snack he would realize there wasn't much time until lunch and he would assign his room mate(or team mates) once again one of the jobs.
Then he would remember he hadn't checked his email yet and would get distracted on the internet until lunch arrived. After which he would call a friend to ask for some advice and then talk volleyball for an hour. After that he would be ready for another snack. By the mid-afternoon he would feel sleepy and take a nap until dinner. When he woke up his friends would have done the list for him. Somehow he never seemed to gain any weight though. Which surprised the entire team every waking day. Viewed in isolation the patio could be anywhere with its grey stone floor and cafe tables, each with a green sun umbrella.

If it were before an Italian vista Iwaizumi knew Kunimi would sit for hours, days even, and simply be content. But instead it lies less than two feet from one of the busiest roads in the city. Were He goes to buy a coffee He wouldn't be enjoying its aroma, but instead the chocking fumes of the traffic that goes by almost without break. Compared to the cafe(bakery) he went to with Oikawa two days previously; this cafe feels as if it's a job to come here. Under the unbroken cloud in the early morning the street is all the more grey for it. The headache Iwaizumi had throughout the Night was thickening like day old stew. The cafe itself looks inviting enough. Though he had No money either. The coins that rattle in hid pockets are all accounted for:money for a cup of coffee and milk bread from the grocers.

For oikawa

Kunimi didn't take any longer than Iwaizumi took to get to the cafe and they both found a table to sit at and Iwaizumi felt a sigh reach his lips.
"So...I... I need advice, I know it's odd for a third year to say that to a first year but; I feel as though you'll listen"
Iwa inhaled deeply taking note of Kunimis face, he looked as though he was waiting for what he had to say. "There's this guy that I want to help...he's doing stuff to himself that's hurting him, not self harm or anything though! But...I'm angry at him for not telling me sooner. Like... like?...I don't know what I'm meant to do Kunimi!" Iwaizumi ruffled his own hair in frustration, feeling a hand reach out to his.

"All I can say is well...have you tried talking to him? Have you actually sat down with him and just let him talk?" Kunimi tilts his head questioningly and Iwaizumi seemed to realise his mistake

Regret washed over him like the long slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down his spine. I never actually let him explain.
How he longed to go back and take a different path, but now that was impossible. There was no way back. There was only one way to make it right.
"Thanks Kunimi you've been a great help!" Iwa rushed to get out of his seat, he left the money for the coffee on the table and the younger teen just smiled "it's oikawa isn't it?" Iwa didn't have to say anything, he just nodded and ran back in the direction of Oikawas house after grabbing some milk bread from the grocery with the spare change in his pocket.
I've got to talk to him.

A/n
If you liked the chapter votes and comments are appreciated!