Chapter 13

Oikawa remembered staring out of the window. staring out the window; he thought it was beautiful. Beautiful because when He looked at the sky and saw the purity of the untouched clouds, He saw it as a new beginning.

The brunette touched the window with the tip of his wandering hands and found that it was cold. the window became torture when He couldn't see a new beginning, but miles of planes packed across the land to trap him.

To keep him in this place. He was trapped there but his mind is not, and it never gets too far.

Oikawa could hear a clock ticking by. It rings out, it's echoes penetrating the stillness of the air. Twelve o'clock. Looking around all He sees is an indefinite expansion of pure white space. You could run forever and never get anywhere, never make progress. No light. No shadows. Just the colors of empty white.

Though there appears to be nothing but open space around, He almost got the feeling of suffocation, like his lungs were caving in. He is trapped, imprisoned in his own mind.

It was Saturday Afternoon, Just past Twelve o'clock and Iwaizumi hadn't turned up, in fact he hadn't even been responding to his many texts.

Texts of pleading, sorrows and exasperated attempts to make the whole situation to sound like one big misunderstanding.

Though of course this wasn't the case at all, Oikawa knew now that it was Impossible for what he said last night to have been due to the betrayal of his tongue. He loved Iwaizumi with all he had.

The ache of longing to be with him echoed through the very marrow of Oikawa's bones. It was a chill wind trapped in the chambers of his heart. With every spare moment his mind would rehearse a new text to him, another call to him. And as the allotted time for his return drew nearer, time itself seemed to slow to such a leisurely pace it seemed cruel to him, ringing out the seconds.

He never knew that missing someone could take over every fibre of your being and wring you out like a wet sponge every day. It is a torment Oikawa Tooru was very unprepared for.

"Maybe If I..." he seemed to think out-loud as he looked around his bathroom with a phone in his hand, looking at the texts he'd sent

'Read 11:34am'

Staring at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, He was shocked. He looked okay, normal even(as normal as he could look). Inside, the ache for him gnaws at the very heart that still beats endlessly for him. He seemed to pull his lips into a smile, and let out a frightened sob when He realise that anyone could easily mistake this lacklustre grin for real happiness.

It amazed him to think; that not even a day without the person he craved for most, and he had crumbled completely.

The teen put down his phone after double checking he hadn't got any messages and combed his hair.

Iwaizumi had told him he would be back at Oikawa's house by 12.

It was now 12:43 and the other showed no signs of showing up. In a way he really wished he wouldn't.

-~-

Iwaizumi was in fact doing the same thing.
He was standing in his bathroom, leaning against the wall as he read over Oikawa's texts.
He didn't know what to think about what the other had said to him last night. Hell! He didn't even have a chance to respond!

Though he could admit to himself he had been thinking about oikawa a lot recently. At first when they were kids, Iwaizumi was attracted to oikawa with the kind of heady trance that brings a butterfly to nectar. Him, with just the right blend of shy and borderline narcissism.

He was right too. Oikawa, quite simply, is the most hard working and most reliable person(depends on the situation) He'd ever met. He didn't want oikawa to think that "reliable" means he didn't love him with a fiery passion, because he does.

He wouldn't admit it to himself out loud, no- he certainly couldn't do that, god what would his parents say if they found out? What would Tooru's parents say?

So he wouldn't say it, he could admit it to the voice In his head; maybe If he worked up the courage to just give in to his pride he'd be able to talk to oikawa. But...
'Reliable' is everything,

For without it how can love flourish and grow? Reliability is the cornerstone of trust and he trusted oikawa with his life. He wanted to see those sly brown eyes look at him once more.

Well- Attraction, huh? Well that's easy. Attraction is a magnet. It's that thought inside your head that says "There's something about this..." You gravitate towards this extraordinary thing that has captured your attention, and the more you're exposed to it, the more you learn about it.

It may bloom into something more, or you'll just lose interest and go find something else to be attracted to.
However neither of the pair ever found themselves 'finding someone else'
It was always each other.

Only each other.

And that was enough for them because they ticked every box the other looked for in another person.
-

They're thoughts and worries clouded each other's minds for the entire day. Iwaizumi never showed up on Saturday, and now it was Sunday. Iwaizumi was laying on his bed having just got out of the shower with his phone in his hand and a towel draped over him.
He began to type

'Hey Tooru...?'

No, to straightforward

'I was wondering if we could talk'

Really? Is that the best you can do?

'Sorry for not responding, I've been thinking about everything, thinking about what you said and I'm assuming you meant it.'

Iwaizumi paused and read over the sentence a few times before anxiously going to write more

'I think we should talk, I think...I think I might feel the same way about you and I don't want this to ruin our friendship in any way if this is just some big misunderstanding
Love Iwaizumi'

Love? That's too much

'From Iwaizumi'

On second thought...maybe this isn't a good idea

And then he deleted the text, put his phone down and buried his head in his pillow.

A/n
Votes and comments appreciated!