Chapter 15

That night Oikawa was roomed with the other 3rd years, course this included Iwaizumi.
It wasn't till he thought all but him had fell asleep that he went out to the balcony. He felt a raindrop fall against his skin, followed by several others, but he didn't have the heart to go back inside.

He moved over and sat on the edge of the balcony banister, crossing one leg over the other, leaning back on his palms to observe the remaining constellations uncovered from the clouds. The moon hung full and hazy beneath an eclipse of blazing stars, allowing him to see the rooftops of the identically hotels surrounding him.

His body was a fountain for the incoming rain, the water making his eyelids heavy. The brunette also Decided to let his wings show.
"Your sulking- oh Your wings are out"
It was Iwaizumi

"Thought you'd fell asleep..." the brunette mumbled in a hushed whisper, scared to mess something up.

"Well I need to talk to you"
Some are scared of clowns, some of heights or falling. Tooru was not scared of any of that - not spiders, not snakes, or the dark. What scares him is being forgotten. You always have someone there, whether it's family, friends, strangers or professionals. That's not what He meant.

He's afraid that when he dies that time itself will forget him; that He'll live an unimportant life surrounded by people who will go down in the history books. am afraid that despite all the good He does, he'll still be No one. But right now all he seemed to fear was what Iwaizumi's next sentence would be.

"About that call, as in what you said before it ended"

"What I said before it ended?...well"
When he looked in the mirror he sees brokenness, anger, hurt, hungry, pain, sorrow and the list goes on and on. When other people look at him all they see is Tooru, Tooru's reflection. But that's because they don't see his true self, his inner pain because he hides it from the world. Afraid of what they would think of him. Think of his wings.

But as soon as that special someone came, they were not beside him in the mirror. But looking back at him. They changed that brokenness, to one again. That anger to joy, that hurt to happiness, hungry to full, pain to kindness, sorrow to glorious. That old torn down self to a beautiful living spirit that once walked the earth always looking down just wondering where the next road would lead him.

But now he's free, thanks to that special someone. That special someone that simply told him just to smile. That special someone who was just trying to look out for Oikawa. That special someone who thought they knew the real him, but only knew what he wanted them to know. That special someone had no idea they just saved a life. That special someone was Iwaizumi.

that little kid he met at the park. But there wasn't anything that could compare to the smile the ravenette wore on his face right now. Who knew a smile could change his life, forever?

"I meant it"
oikawa had to pause and reevaluate what he would say next before the words could escape his mouth.

"I meant what I said...I've liked you since the beginning of high school"

Iwaizumi's eyes widened for a moment
Isn't it funny, that if he had made a different decision he wouldn't be here now? If he had put a different school on the sheet, his fate would've been written in different ink.

Because if He was sat here in a different universe, without Tooru by his side, He would have never become complete.

"I don't know whether to call you a complete dumbass or call myself an oblivious asshole. Either way I don't think we've been seeing each other eye to eye for awhile now"