Chapter 7

(Was kinda nervous to post this chapter because every time I read it I end up thinking something doesn't make sense- anyway, enjoy😅)

Iwaizumi awoke to the sound of crashing pots and pans, after realising his sleeping beauty was no longer resting on him; he got up assuming the noise was Oikawa.
And he wasn't wrong.
The brunette was standing in front of the hob his wings hanging off his back freely, tail dangling down towards the ground 'wagging' back and fourth.

Iwaizumi watched from the doorway, staring at oikawa.

He was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. He was handsome from his generous opinions to his annoyingly snide remarks. Iwaizumi loved the way his voice quickened when he sparkled with a new idea, or was so enjoying by one of his that he lost himself for a moment and quite forgot the mask he wore for others.

Sleepless nights. Beat up conversation. Movie marathons - sci-fi, crime dramas, action. Chaotic good, bad - hell, just chaos. Five cups of tea in a morning. Wishing oikawa didn't care as much of what he looks like as he does. Corner store raids at 2am. (Which Iwaizumi is forced to partake in)

Loud music in his ear buds, loud music in general. The sound and smell of a crackling bonfire in the 1st year camp. Tumblr trash. (Oikawa is totally tumblr trash) Fifty percent anxiety, fifty percent sadness. Fifty percent narcissism because oikawa is way over 100% and you all know it. Confidence bordering on arrogance, like he hasn't passed that stage already ....Starry nights in the dead of winter as they made a vow, one of which the brunette takes great pride in

"promise that only I can call you iwa-chan!"

-
-

Why am I thinking about him this way?

Iwaizumi snapped from his trance when he heard that oh so familiar voice calling him.
"Morning Iwa-Chan!" Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi after putting away the pan that he had dropped on the floor a few minutes ago.
Iwa smiled at his friends attempt and making what looked to be pancakes that were now sitting on the glass table beside them.

"Morning, sleep well I'm guessing? You seem a lot more chirpy today..." in a way he didn't want to be reminded of the previous few days due to the trauma it caused the both of them.
"I did actually! Your a comfy pillow iwa-chan!"
Oikawa smiled brightly and placed a stack of 5 Pancakes down on the table for Iwaizumi.
"I made pancakes so you better like them!" A pout formed on his face as Iwaizumi chuckled to himself and took a seat.

"Wow- I didn't know you could make anything that even resembles food-" Iwaizumi grins as he goes to take another bite from his stack but stopped when he notices Oikawa only had one pancake on his plate. And he was barely even touching it.
He was eating the food like he thought it was poisoned. Each forkful was tinier that you'd feed a baby and even then he'd nibbled it, pausing before taking any more. He was careful too not to allow the food to touch his lips. Oikawa always ate food normally around Iwaizumi so he assumed he just wasn't hungry. It wasn't like the brunette was wasting away either so it wasn't something to worry about. In fact Tooru was usually the type to say he wasn't hungry- and then proceed to steal the fries you just ordered from McDonald's.
"So...the Trip to that resort is coming up soon right?"

"The volleyball one? Yeah it's in a few weeks time" oikawa looked up at the calendar hanging on the wall behind Iwaizumi.

"2 weeks from today" He corrected and smiled. His smile was one of happiness growing , it spread into every part of him.
"It's gonna be great! I'm pretty sure that Makki and Matsun is in the same room as us! We're going to be playing sets all day and we even get to go see Tokyo Tower! It's a while from the resort but it's going to be awesome Iwa-chan!"
Iwaizumi looked at his plate , he couldn't bring himself to say anything, if he was asked why he couldn't he would say he was just listening to Oikawa ramble on about what they'd be doing on the trip. But in reality he was thinking about the others parents, more so how they were oikawas parents. Do they have wings too?
And then suddenly The taller male stopped and focused on Iwaizumi's expression.

"Is there something wrong?.." he paused as logic kicked in. "Your thinking about my wings aren't you?...or is it my tail?"

I knew he didn't really accept me like this

Oikawa's wings began to shrink and turn into black dust, blowing away and ending up disintegrating into the breeze. Iwaizumi watched, amazed yet confused as to how it was physically possible for wings so large to just turn to dust (more so how they just disappear) he was curious as to how Oikawa hid them but he certainly wasn't expecting that; i mean he wasn't exactly expecting anything but here we are. Oikawa read his expression easily.

"Physics don't count when your the son of a demon Hajime"
Iwaizumi thought- is he mad at me?
"S-so that's how you have wings....WAIT DOESNT THAT ME-"

"My parents are not demons or devils, nor witches or wizards" Oikawa pushed his plate to the side.
So how is he here?

"I thought demons weren't even real! How are you even on earth if you are a demon? Aren't you guys meant to be like underground or something?!"
He sighed and mumbled to himself '

Those guys? Well thanks for stereotyping all demons into one category
Never had Oikawa heard Iwaizumi so dumbfounded, neither had he heard him sound so dim.

"My 'parents' are not my parents Iwaizumi...They found me in the woods"
Now Iwaizumi really did look confused oikawa didn't bother letting him speak.
"They couldn't have kids on their own so they took me, lied to everyone and said that I was a miracle of sorts, that my 'mother' got pregnant by luck" Oikawa paused and took a sip of coffee from his cup.
"However the didn't take long for them to realise I was beginning to stubby little wings and the beginning of a tail, that's when they took me out of school, I was only 6 by this point. I'm s-"

"That Explains why you were off for a month! I missed you and I didn't know where you'd gone! You came back with an injured knee... what happened?..." Iwaizumi asked with slight concern in his voice, oikawa nodded and continued.

"That's what I was getting too, we had to figure out a way to hide my monstro-...'features'
As you could probably tell this was quite a traumatising time for them, for me I was just glad to be off school,I did miss you though. Anyways...they came up with the idea that I could wrap my tail around my torso to hide it, but the wings were more difficult."
Oikawa hissed and sucked in a breath

"After a lot of work I found that if I focused hard enough I could make them disappear and vise versa if I want them to appear. However before we found this out I was unable to control my wings and they were growing larger and larger by the day until eventually I could actually fly..." he furrowed his brows in a slightly distressed manor as he inhaled sharply before continuing

"that's how I injured my knee, I was getting mad at my mom for not letting me go inside to take a break and then before I knew it I was up a 2 story tall tree. And then I fell out of said tree"

"YOU TOLD ME YOU BROKE YOUR KNEE PRACTICING WITH YOUR DAD!" Iwaizumi clenched his fist below the table

How much don't I know about oikawa?

"Shittykawa..."
"Sorry Iwa-Chan! It's not like I could tell you that I somehow climbed a tree that high without revealing that I had wings...you know that I would've told you all this if I could..."

"Do I Oikawa? Do I know that? Were you ever actually going to tell me all this? Or were you just going to pray and hope that I'd never find out?"
The brunette averted his gaze from Iwaizumi and faced towards the table.
"I promise I would've told you eventually...I just didn't know how to tell you...put yourself in my shoes, how would you tell your best friend that you'd been basically lying to them all their life?!"

Iwa seemed to think for a while before leaning back and whispering just loud enough for Oikawa to hear
"I wouldn't...I wouldn't tell them"
The brunettes eyes shot up from the table and directly to his friend sitting opposite him, Iwaizumi wasn't making eye contact.

"You can be a really shitty person sometimes Tooru, but I'll stand by you no matter what; its you and me against the world from now on alright?"

A/n
No- I have no clue as to why I decided to update so soon However I felt like it😂
Votes and comments are appreciated