39 ☆ Clued Up

I need more information on what they did last night. Find out any way you can and get back to me ASAP! Or else!

5:00AM

The bad news: spyware had some versions that allowed perpetrators to turn on webcams, and it was almost impossible to erase it from a computer

The only visible solution Bella could think of as she took a warm shower the next morning was getting a new computer and creating new accounts.

She let the water go through her hair and wash away every bit of tiredness from her skin. She hardly got sleep the previous night, and it was taking a toll on her senses. Her thoughts were bumping into each other like a really bad car crash, and she wanted to scream her lungs out.

She finally stepped out of the shower after thirty minutes, smelling like fruit, and walked into her room.

She noticed Maggie-Lyn first. She was a little bent at the waist as she scrolled through her laptop, and there was a tremble in her hand, as if she was scared. Maggie-Lyn's eyes were wide as they darted around the screen.

"Mag," Bella called, and, startled, Maggie-Lyn turned around, her hand pushing something down the study table, sending it to the floor with a clatter. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," she answered too quickly. "I mean... nothing. I was just... checking what kind of apps you have... on your computer."

It was obvious Maggie-Lyn was lying, so Bella reiterated, "What were you doing on my laptop, Maggie?"

Her cousin looked nervous and, seeing that she wasn't going to reply anytime soon, Bella walked to her.

A panicking Maggie-Lyn moved so her body covered the screen. "You'll be late for school," she announced, but Bella fixed her with a hard glare.

"Step away from the laptop, Maggie," she said, sounding like a cop who just caught a criminal.

Maggie-Lyn shook her head, and Bella gently pushed her away from the device. Her cousin twisted her fingers nervously as she bent a little to see what was on the screen.

Bella went still when she saw it.

Maggie-Lyn was checking her emails and was reading YWN's latest email when she walked in.

She turned to her cousin to scold her for invading her privacy, her heart hitting hard against her ribcage when she realized she had some bribing to do. Maggie-Lyn could tell anyone what she saw.