9 ☆ Missing Out

Ky
I just saw this photo of Bella on IG. I think they're SUPER cute together. No wonder Beau ignores Marhly so much! She's gonna drop when she sees this!

 No wonder Beau ignores Marhly so much! She's gonna drop when she sees this!

Beau was awesome. His voice was definitely Grammy-worthy.

The way he sang, the lyrics of the song, the way he glanced at her momentarily, that smile—all of it was making her chest swell with emotions she had never felt before.

The feeling was different, but in a good way, and she was sure she was staring at him. Throughout the song, she could only focus on one thing: the tingling sensation in her stomach every time he glanced in her direction.

When he was done, the place filled with screams, and he went backstage. She headed to the entrance, pushing past overexcited people. They agreed to meet outside before he went onstage.

"So, how'd I do?" he asked when they met, and she smiled.

"A hundred out of ten. Your voice is amazing! I mean, I'm in my own world right now."

"Maybe you and I could do a duet sometime."

Her eyes widened, then she gave a nervous laugh. "I'd definitely blow up your sound system."

He chuckled. "You sing that bad? Come on, you're just messing with me."

"Seriously, I wish I was."

"Well, seems like not all math geniuses sing that well."

She pointed a finger at him, causing him to laugh. "I see what you did there."

"I didn't do anything." He lifted his hands in mock surrender. "Was just pointing out an observation."

"Mhm. And for that, calculus will make you suffer." She did a fake war cry voice, shaking her right fist above her head on her last sentence, and they both laughed.

"Hey, easy. It's just first semester. I'm having enough of math right now."

"Beau." The deep, booming voice came from behind them. They turned to it and saw Lars approaching them, his muscled arms making him look like he wanted to give one of them a punch in the face.

"Hey," Beau said.

"There's this dude outside asking for," he gestured to Bella, "her."

"Really, did he drop a name?"

"Yeah. Says he's Cody."

Bella's eyes widened, and, immediately, the pain in her ribs—caused by her rebellious act that night—returned. "Oh my God! How did he find out I came here?" she blurted before realizing it, and Beau looked confused for a second.

"He sounded kind of mad, so maybe you should go see him before he blows up," Lars said, chuckling, but Bella didn't get the joke.

Her brother—her big brother—was standing outside, mad, waiting for her, after she snuck out of the house. What was funny about that? When Cody was mad, it wasn't funny. In fact, it was scary.