26 ☆ It Happened

If you want us to keep quiet for much longer, don't mess with us. We can make it seem worse than it really is. And you know you have a reputation to keep up—don't make us ruin that before you graduate. Do it! Today!

6:00AM

Bella sat at the top of the decorative stairs, scrolling through her laptop for hateful comments

Someone with the username beccaeverything posted a screenshot of her post from the previous week about Fashionella weekend and the two video promise, and the caption read, Fashionella's dying, aye or nay? It had over three hundred comments, and Bella was already breaking reading the fifth one.

So many unfulfilled promises! When will this nightmare end, then a weeping emoji.

She couldn't even remember when she followed this account, or why. The hate was too much, and she could feel it burning up all her confidence.

She looked away from the laptop for a break, and her eyes went to settle on two girls walking past the stairs. They stared at her as they walked, and the intensity of the eyes on her made her want to scream at them. A look where you're going, or run into a wall and fall into a coma sounded good right about now.

She was about going back to the comments when she heard a loud voice from the entrance.

"What is wrong with you?! I said you can't have it back!" Fleur turned to face her brother with an angry look on her face.

Bella was just noticing how tall she was; she reached Beau's eyes, and he was tall, so that was some height.

"Come on, you've had the keys since yesterday and you're not even driving the car," Beau said in a gentler voice, trying to reason with her. Bella had never heard him sound that way before, and it was fun to hear. He sounded pleading and really off balance.

"Good for me, then." Fleur turned on her heel, but before she could go anywhere, her brother held her arm and spun her to face him.

"Fleur, I'm begging you. Please." He studied her face for a while, then added, "I'm sorry."

Fleur yanked her arm out of his grip. "Sorry won't change anything." Then she said something Bella couldn't hear, and it was obvious whatever it was hurt him.

After Fleur walked away, Bella watched Beau's expression, suddenly feeling like going to talk to him. He always looked happy around her, so maybe that hurt look would leave his face. But something was stopping her and she wasn't sure what. She just sat at the top of the stairs and looked down at him.

"Hey, Quincy junior."

She tore her eyes from Beau and saw Ashton making his way up the stairs to her. She immediately glared at him. "What do you want?"

"I just came to talk."

"When have we ever talked?" She looked back at her laptop.

Ashton sat beside her, then studied her profile before speaking. "Never. But we should sometimes."