21 ☆ No Duh

250 likes

amparocot Am I the only one who's noticed how absent Belinda Quincy's BFF @violadelm has been? We don't hear from her or see her on Fashionella like ever! It makes me wonder what's wrong.

View all 28 comments

pinkangelcake I've noticed too babe!
|amparocot @pinkangelcake always you darling! X

pinkangelcake I've noticed too babe!|amparocot @pinkangelcake always you darling! X

"Well, have you tried calling?" Mrs. Quincy asked, standing from her place at the kitchen table, her phone pressed to her ear.

Bella tensed, stirring her cereal, her appetite lost—not that she had an appetite that morning, anyway.

Cody walked into the kitchen, then grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the table.

"What's up with Mom?" he asked, glancing at their worried-looking mother, who was now leaning against the sink.

"It has to do with big sis, I don't know."

"And what's up with you? You look like you missed the grand finale of your favorite show."

"It's worse, but I don't want to talk about it."

He sat beside her, taking a loud bite of his apple. "Does it have to do with Algernon?"

Bella froze for a while, before saying, "What part of 'I don't want to talk about it' don't you understand?"

"Oh, I know—he broke up with you."

She lifted an eyebrow at him. "We're not in a relationship."

"Aw," he gently held her chin and tipped it up, "no wonder you look so sour. He broke up with you without you even knowing you were in a relationship."

She gave him an incredulous look, then said, "You're useless."

He let go of her chin, a little too harshly. "Nah. I think you being almost sixteen when I'm going off to college next year makes you more useless. Let's face it—what use are you to me? You only add to my chores."

She stuck her tongue out at him, and he childishly blew a raspberry in her face.

"Ew, gross! Mom, Cody's spitting in my breakfast."

Mrs. Quincy looked in their direction, then shook a disapproving finger at Cody. "Sweetie, calm down, okay?" she said to her oldest daughter on the other end of the phone. "You don't have to cry."