Chapter 4 - Why does god favour certain people?

Start from the beginning

"If you didn't know the Elementals are people who-"

I held up my hand and cut him off to (basically) rap my next TedTalk to quickly end his rambling and get the fuck out of here. The longer I stay, the riskier. He could've called for reinforcement for all I know. I'm definitely not doing this to flex my knowledge in front of Covell and I absolutely have no intention of impressing him.

"Yeah yeah they're people the four elements, those being earth, air, fire and water. They are extremely powerful because god who bestowed us with power and honestly burden decided he liked Avatar the Last Airbender a lot and favoured such powers. I don't blame god though. It's a good show."

Mr. Hotness looked impressed as well as entertained with his face rested with a small smirk and his eyes shone with bemusement. Ha fuck yes. I can honestly just leave now that I've seen him smile (even when it's one of the snide ones) but I'm not done so no I'm not.

"Anyway, there is a rumoured 5th element but that is just straight speculation. Furthermore, the owners of 3 of the elements are all CEOs as well and that is why it is considered that strong Oddities give you a big brain. Personally, I don't believe in that or the concept of strong Oddities because of One Piece. I mean the man made use of a rubber fruit. RUBBER!" At that point I'm rambling but I didn't care and the party seemed to be listening anyway. "Anyway, I'm concluding my TedTalk once again. You." – I very rudely pointed my finger at the man sitting on the floor. – "I only gave my lecture just now because you indirectly insulted me and my accomplice. If my last TedTalk did not make it clear, we already done research on you and this entire company INCLUDING who owns it. Meaning I already knew of Mr. Leonardo Covell and his power. I also know how strong it is and the likelihood of winning against him. More importantly, I didn't just randomly come in and start beating you out of nowhere. That is not part of my job outline. You very clearly know why I'm here and why I did what I did. Also I find this follow fact very relevant but this neon pink hair is a wig and I would drop dead ever doing that to my actual hair. So don't think I have whack fashion choices."

I began backing towards the window wall and Mr. Covell immediately went into an attack stance and surprise, surprise, it doesn't look retarded. Mainly because it's subtle and I only noticed because I fight a lot. At that point, I'm ready to yeet out of the building except he didn't exactly move. Instead, he shocked me into stillness because for the first time since arriving, Leonardo spoke. To me. Holy fucking shit his voice is between baritone and bass. It's so smooth. I don't even know what that means but his voice alone can get someone to orgasm. His entire existence alone should be illegal. LIFETIME IN PRISON! I better not be gaping again. Wait... IS THAT A LOW-KEY BRITISH ACCENT?!

"Hold on there. Before you attempt running off, I feel like you've left some answered questions lying around in your speech of yours."

I quirked up my left eyebrow and gave him a I'm-pretending-to-be-stupid look.

"Oh? Did I? And what might those be exactly?" I've backed up completely against the windows and Mr. CEO was only 3 steps away from me.

"Firstly, you never answered what's actually going on here. Secondly, you mentioned somewhere in the speech of yours that both you and Borris knew why you're here but you never made it explicit, at least in front of me. Personally, I feel like I have the right to know considering the circumstances. Additionally, in your speech, you also mentioned how you'd fair against me but I'm curious to actually know the likelihood myself in detail. Finally, who are you?"

Once he finished, the first response I gave him was a small smile. Why? I don't know. Just felt like it I guess. He had that power I quickly learnt. After that, I simply replied with blunt words.

"Well to answer the first query, if you cannot figure out by the state of room and your subordinate, we fought. He attacked first but I had every intention of beating him up regardless so I should still be getting the blame here. As to why I'm here with the intention of nearly killing him... it's a long story that I kind of cannot be bothered repeating. There is also the chance of you not believing me. That being said, it's not like you're not going to find out. Just tune into any news channel or morning show at 7am tomorrow to find out the details. I gave Borris the basic rundown... wait actually that reminds me."

I opened up a black portal and brought out a USB and threw it towards Covell. He doesn't flinch and caught it with ease, looking at the newly acquired item with questioning eyes. I quickly glanced at Borris (I forgot he was there), only to see him eyeing the stick in his boss's hands with wide eyes. They're filled with panic. I looked back to the other eyes and his face clearly told me that he's expecting an explanation.

"The USB you have there are even more details of Borris's... actions and activities. The explicit stuff that cannot be aired. I was gonna anonymously send it tomorrow but like you're here anyway so might as well. I recommend watching it tomorrow though or it spoils the show for tomorrow. To answer the rest of your questions... I would say fighting you would be a waste of time since you're not my target and huge amounts of energy. We would also destroy majority of the neighbourhood which is currently not a vibe."

For the first time, it seemed Leonardo noticed my blacked-out arm and the red eye. His observation was just filled with curiosity. I returned a smug smile when his gaze reached my face.

"I also lied about knowing the likelihood of who would win. I actually have no idea of the outcome of our battle. Finally, as for who I am... it's irrelevant."

I smiled widely, teeth and all, then proceeded to swing my left arm forward, hands in a fist and then slam it back behind me to shatter the pane of window. Glass flew everywhere and the other two parties jumped back to avoid the flying shards. Wind began rushing into the room, messing up papers and any light weighted objects while simultaneously pushing my neon hair forward. I looked at my left wrist again like the genius I am and said three stupid lines.

"Well would you look at the time? Seems like time is up; my job is done and I have to go. Nice to meet you all. Bye."

With that, I jumped back as far as I could and freefell down from the 29th floor. As I was floating for a split second in the air, I made eye contact with Leonardo Covell and the last thing I comprehended before plunging down was that his face settled on an entertained look. I was internally screaming. YOU DON'T HAVE A FUCKING WRISTWATCH ON YOU. YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A DUMBASS AND MADE A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF IN FRONT OF THE PERFECT CREATURE. YOU, NEROVSKY POSTON, ARE A LOST CAUSE. Once my internal panic was over, I registered that I was gonna go splat on to the concrete ground in like 3 seconds and quickly pulled up my two wings and flew up 6 inches from the ground. I floated for a bit then proceeded to fly up above the MegCorp building, looking down on the building and the entire city. Once satisfied with the view, I flew to the direction where home was situated. Throughout this trip, the only thought that ran through my head was:

I need to invest in glow in the dark wall clocks and wristwatches. Definitely wrist watches.

♤♧♡♢

POV: Leonardo

Once the mysterious yet interesting man free fell away from the 29th floor, I kept reflecting back on one question. What the fuck just happened? I looked up to spot any stars in the light polluted sky when all of a sudden, a black blur shot up from below to above the building, which caused another gust of wind to further ransack the office. It seems he didn't land. I felt exhausted all of sudden and henceforth, found it not worth actually chasing after the pink haired man. Something tells me I can't catch him anyway. With a tired sigh, I turned around and moved away from the ledge of floor, heading towards Borris Tori.

Immediately, the first noticeable expression on his face was fear, followed by worry. His eyes were dilated, eyebrows crossed in a worried fashion and his mouth was slightly agape. He had visible trembles in his hands and if I'm not wrong, he'd slightly backed away from where he was originally sitting. His eyes also seemed to be looking for some sort of reaction from me and the only reaction I offered was a blank one. I began moving towards him and he froze. Once I was right in front of him, I crouched down till I was slightly looking down on him and broke the silence that was present after the departure of the third party.

"It seems you've got some explaining to do and answering of unanswered questions."