Chapter Forty-one: Big Events

| warning: an unbearable amount of fluff. c; Also There's a lot of skipping around, sorry. |

[ Phil ]

"Let me do it!" Dan insisted, causing me to squeal in protest. "Dont hurt me." I warned, sighing as he picked up a section of my fringe and ran the flat press over it. "We're graduating today..." He noted blissfully, continuing to straighten my hair. "I can't believe it." I added, smiling at him as my mum swung into my bathroom.

"Good, you boys are up. Ready for today?" She asked, an aura of giddy energy surrounding her. It worked quite well on her. "Hell yes." Dan said, flashing her a smile. She stood in the doorway for a moment, just watching the two of us. "I'm so glad the two of you finally came to your senses." She muttered before walking out and I rolled my eyes. "Your mum ships us." Dan pointed out woodenly and I laughed, resting my hands on his hips, stopping his progress on my hair. "That's a good thing." I told him, kissing the corner of his lips.

"You missed." He uttered, pouting, kissing me full-front on the lips. Eventually I pulled back, dropping my hands from his waist. "Hurry up and finish my hair! We don't have long!" I urged and he laughed, continuing his process.

Until Graduation.

- - -

"Brianna, get off my boyfriend." I scolded her, laughing when she hugged Dan tighter. "Or what?" She teased and Dan hugged her back, sticking his tongue out at me. "Or I'll find Carla." I threatened, eyes scanning the filling up auditorium. "Good Luck, she's sitting with her parents. I left her to say hi to you guys." Bri informed us and I fake-scoffed, rolling my eyes when Dan kissed her cheek. "Jealous?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow. "Too bad he's gay." I told Brianna, and she shrugged, responding, "He's had girlfriends, Phil, he's bi. Nice try." I felt my face heating up, realising I was jealous, even if they were just fooling around.

"Aw, Phil, we're just playing. No need to be jealous of Dan, you know you're my favourite." She assured, letting go of Dan to in turn wrap her arms around my shoulders. "Oh, shush. Go find your girlfriend." I told her and she flipped us off before skipping off to see Carla. "You were jealous." Dan muttered, sinking lower in his assigned chair. Too bad we couldn't sit together-I was a few rows behind him. "Shut up, Daniel James." I deadpanned, and he cringed, making a face. "Phillip Michael, you know I loathe the use of my full name." He reminded me and I shrugged, humming low in my throat. "Too bad. I must go off to my seat, it starts any minute." I replied, grinning at him, kissing the top of his head. "See you when we've graduated high school." He called after me and I smiled, finding my seat. I couldn't wait.

- - -

I was so glad PJ (Liguori) and Chris (Kendall) had last names close to mine. Without the two of them at my side I might've died from boredom until they reached Dan's name. Every time no one clapped for someone PJ would scream, "YOU GO GLEN COCO!", furthermore getting everyone worked up. It was the best. I zoned out after Dan until they reached me. What a big hullabaloo for a piece of paper.

- - -

"Congratulations!" Dan exclaimed, kissing me tenderly, eyes glazed over with pure happiness. It made me buzz with elation, seeing him happy. "Congratulations, boys." My mum said as she joined us, Keaton balanced on her hip, looking anything but happy for anyone. What happened to her?

"Uh, thanks?" Dan poked, testing the waters, noticing it too. "Sorry. I just got a call. We have a court meeting tomorrow...regarding your father.." My jaw went slack and my mouth ran dry, like I had been sucking on a cracker. "Are you serious?" I demanded, noticing by the way her eyebrows crumpled that she was tense about the whole thing, like it was a bruise and I was pushing on it. "Did they find him? Is he going to jail?" I pressed, watching her hold her anger within herself quietly. She didn't want to take her stress out on me. I could tell.