Chapter Thirty-five: Slaycation

[{ third person pov bc do u realise how convenient it is }]

"Phiiiiiil," one of his bestfriends trilled, poking their head into the eldest by four months' room to see him nestled deep within his blanket, still enduring unconsciousness. "Phil! It's our vacation! Get up!" The younger male, PJ, shouted; running and jumping on his friend's bed. Phil simply groaned and allowed PJ to playfully pummel him with his fists. "Jetlag." Phil spat, using it as an excuse —though a crappy one —to back up his exhaustion. "You've been sleeping since yesterday to avoid Dan. He's not intimidating, not to mention in another country. What are you scared of? So get your lard ass up and lets go have fun! We have epic things planned!" He tried to persuade Phil to ditch his funk and let loose but to no avail, it seems he can't get through the barriers Phil's thrown up. Or maybe he has. "Like what?" Phil questioned, cracking one eye open a slit; considering getting up, showering, and enjoying his trip.

"Ever been to Chuck E. Cheese?" His friend asked him, causing him to sit up instantly, his grin childish and foreign as of late. It had been a while since anything had made that infamous grin appear. "I knew that was enough to get you up." Peej said and Phil chuckled, grin turning bashful, hugging Peej a tad shyly, shocking him. "Thanks for letting me come..in spite of our friendship troubkes lately." Phil murmured and PJ smiled, hugging his friend back. "No problem. No go shower so we can meet this wondrous stuffed mouse of which we've been previously deprived!"

     -   -   -

"Smiles looks so depressed." Phil pointed out to his group, speaking of a picture of a cartoon kid giving a thumbs up, the word 'Smiles' scrawled underneath, the photograph hung above their booth. (A/N: Picture of that creepyass motherfucker on the side. My girlfriend and I went on a date to Chuck E Cheese a few months ago lmao)

"He's smiling with his mouth but not his eyes. Dan does that a lot." Chris observed, humming under his breath. Phil nodded, deciding to lighten the conversation up from that with: "Are you saying Dan is Smiles? Dan isn't Smiles, Chris—wait till Dan hears about this."

PJ jutted in, the whole group laughing by now, "Wait till God hears about this! Also, Phil, does that mean you'll talk to Dan?" Phil didn't know how to answer, so he didn't, instead picking at his plastic plate, appetite suddenly lost. Thankfully the pizza wasn't here yet so he didn't have to pretend to eat when food was the farthest thing from his mind. He could just watch all the kids and listen to all the games and experience true youth and innocence, despite being the complete and total opposite. It was nice, kind of. "Why aren't there any teens or tweens?" Forget the 'nice', Colby ruined it. How can a fifteen year old be a nymphomaniac? "They saw you and ran." Carla snapped, beyond fed up with Colby for today already.

     "Pizza!" PJ cheered, interjecting before things got ugly, his inner five-year-old out for the moment, clapping his hands together happily. The waitor set the pizza tray on the rack and PJ immediately reached for a slice, having to drop it back to the tray due to the fact that it's scorching hot. "Idiot." His boyfriend muttered and PJ pouted, earning a kiss on the cheek from said boyfriend. They were cute.

But they also reminded Phil of how bad of a boyfriend (didn't he mean ex?) he was to Dan. I'll do it better this time, He promised no one, and everyone. I swear this time I mean it. [Mayday Parade reference oooh dont touch me]

Doesn't Phil mean if Dan takes him back, he'll do better?

     Phil was zoning out the entire time everyone was eating, maybe taking too bites of his pizza in all. He'd eat later. He just wasn't hungry. He also happened to be very impatient to play the games. They seemed so fun but they all made a pact to start playing at the same time and stop at the same time. Phil just wanted to find his bubbly, childish self—the person he used to be and was for a long time until things turned sour—and play games till closing time. And that's what he'd do, as soon as he could.