Xavier caught my stare and gave me a quick satisfied smile before yelling at me to move out of the way. All colour drained from his face before he was tackled to the ground.

"Xavier" I screamed.

Noah was almost in front of me, but his gun was by his side and before I could comprehend what was happening I felt a slice in my side halting my movements.

Someone had stabbed me but not deep enough to kill me before I could snap his neck, his head exploded and blood along with parts of his body landed on me and the ground around me.

My dad was holding a shotgun.

He tried to make his way towards me but another loud gunshot went off and he crumpled to the ground.

No, not my dad.

For a moment my whole world just stopped before I was pulled back into a body, screams begging to come out but was caught in my throat. My heart broke seeing Miles trying to shake our dad awake, tears poured down his face as he started to shake him hard.

It was no use, he was already gone.

"Darn it, another one bites the dust. Its a shame it was my uncle" Noah hissed in my ear before laughing darkly, his hand jabbed my stab wound.

I still couldn't scream, even though it felt like my whole body was on fire.

As I threw my elbow back I heard a sickening crack and threw myself away from him.

"Fucking bitch, you broke my nose" He aimed for his gun but I kicked it out of his hand.

"Why did you call him your uncle, there's no way I'm related to you"

It's impossible.

My uncle didn't have any kids, the only family he had were me, Miles, and my dad. My dad who used tucked me in every night and read me the same story over and over no matter how much he hated it.

Who picked out my mushrooms from certain meals because I hated them. Who let me help him fix cars in the garage and let me pick on Miles because I was the only girl. The only parental figure who loved me, and always hugged me when my mum upset me.

I'll never see him again, I'll never be able to correct him when he tries to keep up with the kids and their slang. He'll never have the chance to fall in love again or watch Mila grow up into the beautiful woman I know she will be. Or ever see Miles get married, and congratulate them on being able to put up with him.

"Oh cousin I'm afraid we are family, you see how it works is when a man and woman like each other they fuck..." I swung my fist colliding with his cheek.

An unstoppable hurricane grows inside me as I clench my other fist and strike him again and again. My knuckles bruising deeper and darker. I reach down towards my boot and pull out a sharp silver knife and aimed for him but he caught my wrist just in time.

"That's enough" He spat, blood seeped out.

Twisting my wrist that held the knife I yelled in agony. Angered by it I bring my foot up from behind to smash it against his face but he manages to block that and push me to the ground. When I look up I notice his shoe crashing down into my head and I lose track of all my senses for a second. Dots dance in my vision as I blink rapidly and rolled to the side missing another kick.

I managed to grab hold of his ankle and pull him down next to me, taking hold of the knife I sat on his body and plunged it towards his chest but he caught it. It was so close to piercing his heart but I could feel myself become weaker, I was slowly bleeding out.