Chapter 37

Victoria's POV

The next day I decided to go to school, I had a lot of work I needed to catch up on.

It was a stressful morning with all the teachers giving me piles of work I need to do or redo and now its lunch time and I'm finally happy to get a break.

We were in line and we got our food before heading to our table.

We sat in silence as we ate but Jean broke the silence.

"There's something I've wanted to ask ever since you told us about the whole mystery adventure you guys had." Jean said.

"Okay?" I said.

"Are you and Hudson a thing?" Jean asked.

Me and Hudson looked at each other wide eyed and I turned and looked at Kennedy who was beyond pissed.

I don't think she likes the idea of people in our group being together, it would be weird and awkward, especially if me and Hudson did get together and were to break up.

"Uh no." Hudson said awkwardly.

"Do you guys plan on getting together?" Jean asked.

We both shrugged. "As Hudson told me, you can't predict the future." I said.

"Oh because I thought you were like a lesbian or something..." Jean said.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"I thought Kennedy was too and I thought maybe you two were like secretly dating and that's why I'm asking about you and Hudson... Because I'm confused." She said.

I looked over at Hudson, he was looking at me but, I didn't feel anything.

I looked over at Kennedy, she was looking at me and, my heart fluttered.

Am I a lesbian? Is that why I didn't feel anything for Hudson anymore and I wanted to randomly call Kennedy and stay on the phone with her.

Quickly, I averted my eyes and shook my head.

I think, I like my best friend.

•~~~~•

After school me and Kennedy were in my car in awkward silence as I drove to the park by her house.

Once we arrived I parked on the curb, she never got out and we both just sat there.

"Do you like Hudson?" She asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "I did."

"Do you like, me.....?" She asked.

I stayed there and thought about everything.

She has been there by my side ever since we met except for those couple of days I hid everything from her, dad, and Jean and me and Hudson did it together.

We know all of each others secrets, she knows my past, she knows everything I like and hate.

She knows literally everything about me and I know everything her, and I've always been there by her side.

She's my ride or die and I don't want to confirm my feelings for her and possibly end up together and then lose my best friend when shit goes south.

I can't lose Kennedy.... But I can't lie to her and hide my feelings and emotions either.

"....Yes...." I answered, not looking at her.

"Is that why you randomly called me that day?" She asked.

I nodded. "That's the day I lost interest is Hudson and all of a sudden I couldn't stop thinking about you..." I said, still not looking at her.

She chuckled and I felt embarrassed.

I knew I shouldn't have told her. Things are ruined. What the hell Tori! What'd you do? Why'd you do that? Why'd toy say that?

"No no, its funny because you know I'm bisexual... And I like you too..." She said. "I've liked you for a little over a year now..."

That's right, she did tell me she was bisexual. A week after we met she told me.

How could I forget!?

Wait. "You've liked me for a year!?" I exclaimed.

She laughed and nodded. "I knew you were straight, or I thought you were because you told me that but I guess you were confused and didn't really know your preference. Now you do." She said.

"How come you never told me sooner?" I asked, finally looking at her, and she was looking at me and I felt like I was suffocating.

I was always jealous of her stunning looks, she never thought she was pretty and I thought she was absolutely gorgeous, now.. Now that I look at her knowing my crush towards her, she's too stunning to describe. No words can explain her beauty.

"Because I was scared. Like I said I thought you were straight and if I told you, you would reject me and we would lose our friendship and I would've rather been best friends then awkward aquatints." She said.

I nodded. "Makes sense." I said looking down at my lap.

We both sat there in silence again before slowly looking up at each other.

We stared into one another's eyes and I studied her trying to hear what shes thinking if she's thinking anything at all.

She broke eye contact first.

"I guess I'll see you later." She said.

"See you later." I said, she sat there biting her lip for a moment before getting out.

"Bye." She said.

"Bye." I said.

She started walking away and kept looking back and I stayed and watched her and made sure she got to her house safely before driving home.

•~~~~•

I finished getting ready for bed and went to my room, getting under the covers.

I waited for my phone to ding or ring and receive a call, or a text from her.

Getting impatient thinking maybe she already sent something and my trashy phone just didn't go off, I gabbed my phone and went to my messages.

Nothing.

I clicked on her contact, thinking of what to say.

My heart sped up when I saw:

Bestfran💛🥺🤞🏼 is typing.....

She then sent whatever she was typing.

Bestfran💛🥺🤞: Goodnight, Vic 💕

I smiled brightly at the text and the butterflies in my stomach turned into a tsunami when she sent the hearts.

It wasn't the first time she sent me hearts but it felt different this time.

Me: Goodnight 💞

I put my phone on the charger and set it on my bedside table and got comfy with a huge smile on my face as I thought of her and the text.

All of a sudden my phone dinged and I immediately sat up and grabbed my phone.

Bestfran💛🥺🤞🏼: Wanna ft?

Me: Of course.

I grabbed my laptop just as the face time rang and I answered it.

"Hey." She said, and she sounded so sleepy but she didn't look tired.

The sound of her voice was like music to my ears.

"Hey." I said and she smiled at me, and let me tell you the fan girl inside of me was too much to explain.

I'm in love with her smile... I'm in love with her.

XxxParisBesties 🥰