Chapter 25

Victoria's POV

We headed 3 hours back to our town and stopped at the nearest phone store we could find.

We got out his car and walked in the empty building except the one employee.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?" She asked.

"Uh we found this old phone in our basement and we were wondering if you could possible retrieve any information or anything on it." Hudson said.

The lady nodded. "Of course."

He handed her the phone and she went out back.

We looked at each other and shrugged.

She came back with a charger.

"This may take a little while, you can sit over there." She said as she pointed to one of the couches.

"Thanks." We both said in unison.

She smiled at us and nodded as we headed over to the coach and sat on the sofa.

We were on our phones as we waited and about 30 minutes later she spoke up.

"So there was only one phone number on here. Uh, Hallie Shippens.." She said.

We both stood up with excitement.

"Yes uh, that's all we need can you write the number down on a slip of paper or something?" I asked.

She nodded. She took a sticky note and a pen and wrote down the number and handed it to me.

"Thanks, uh how much will this cost?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Retrieving information on phones is free here." She said.

We thanked her and bid her a goodbye before heading out to his car.

We drove to this burger joint not to far away and headed inside to a booth.

A waitress came over and took our orders and we ordered burger, fries, and milkshakes.

We were silent the entire time, even when our food came and we started eating in silence.

It wasn't awkward or anything, it was actually quite peaceful.

"Should we call... Now?" He asked, taking a sip from his milkshake.

I nodded. "Yeah."

I got out my side of the booth and over to his and he scoot over to let me in.

He took out his phone as I pulled out the sticky note and he dialed the number and put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" A lady on the other end asked.

My heart pumped with excitement.

"Yeah, hi. Are you Hallie Shippens?" I asked.

"Whose asking?"

"Yeah um, I'm Victoria Waterson, daughter of-"

"Seline Waterson?" She finished.

"Yes." I said.

The other end was quiet for a bit before she finally spoke up.

"What do you need?" She asked.

"Uh I'm calling about my mother and her, first born daughter Jemma Waterson." I answered.

"Ah yes, I can tell you all about that over some coffee tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yes, that'd be great. Thank you!" I said.

"Of course."

We bid our goodbyes and we hung up.