Chapter 23

Victoria's POV

I walked into my room and over to the box and pulled out the music box. It was really pretty, but super dusty. I dusted it off and opened it and instead of a ballerina like most music boxes, it was a woman and a baby. I turned the music box upside down and read it.

'This was specially made by Seline for her first born daughter, Jemma.'

I turned it back over and twisted it and the music began to play, since it was old the music was kinda faded but it still sounded sweet.

Once the music ended I opened one of the little drawer compartments on it and there was a folded piece of paper.

I took it out and unfolded it and reas it:

Gloria Shippens

Address: 3247 Zilicone street

Phone number: 319-7789-6544

I decided to call the number on my phone but it just went straight to her ring tone.

So I dialed it again, but no response.

I sighed as I stuffed the paper under my pillow and set the music box onto my side table.

Well what now?

••••••

*the weekend*

I woke up this Saturday morning to the smell of bacon.

I got up out of bed, happy dad was home but when I went into the kitchen is was Hudson.

"How'd you get in?" I asked.

"The door." He said in a 'duh' tone.

I rolled my eyes.

He chucked. "I kept knocking AMD ringing the doorbell but you never answered and the door was unlocked." He said.

"Ah. Okay." I said.

"Hungry?" He asked as he handed me a plate.

"Yes, thank you." I said.

He smiled at me. "No problem."

We sat at the table and ate.

"So I know I was supposed to wait for you but I couldn't help it when I saw a music box." I said. "But I didn't look at anything else, I swear."

He chuckled. "Its your guys stuff, I don't care." He said.

"Oh, well, anyways. In the music box I found this note with a name, phone number and address. I tried calling the number but no answer." I said.

"Well, let's try again.. After we eat." He said.

I nodded and we quickly ate before rushing to me room.

We sat on my bed as he dialed the number on his phone.

He called at least 10 times, but he didn't get an answer.

We both sighed in frustration.

He looked at the paper. "Why don't we just go to this address." He said.

"I don't just want to show up randomly at someone's house." I said.

"Do you want to find your sister or not?" He asked.

I nodded. "I do."

"This is the only lead we have." He said. "So let's go."

"Okay." I breathed out.

I kicked him out my room and quickly changed and grabbed my phone before heading out.

Me and Hudson got in his car and he typed the address into his phone.

The house was almost 3 hours away, hopefully we could get some information, otherwise this long ass drive would be a waste.

•••••

We arrived at the house.

It was super old and broken down.

"I don't think some one lives here... anymore." I said.

H shrugged. "Or maybe someone does." He said.

We walked down the rocky, weeds infested path to the creaky front porch.

The door had a broken lock on it.

"Yeah, no one lives here. This house is abandoned." I said.

"There could still be some thing inside." He said.

He tried to open the door but the rusty thing was stuck. He kicked it and it swung open.

He looked back at me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Ladies first." He said.

"Or maybe you're just a pussy." I spat as I walked in, him following close in suit.

There was dust everywhere, including flying around in the air, there we cobwebs and it smelt like something had dies in here, and the furniture was still in here but it was all covered in plastic.

"Where should we look first?" I asked as I rubbed my arms to heat myself up.

It was freezing in here.

"The rooms?" He suggested.

We walked down the hall and I opened the first door but instantly closed it.

It was a bathroom and there was a huge dead rat laying on the bathroom floor.

Hudson looked at me.

"Don't. Go in there." I warned.

"I'll take your word for it." He said.

The next door was a guest room and Hudson went in there to look.

I kept walking until I stopped at a door. I opened it and revealed what must be the master bedroom.

I walked in and started searching the dressers.

*an hour later*

I finished looking I'm the master bedroom and the 2nd guest bedroom and I walked into the dinning room where Hudson was looking at a piece of paper, and an old flip phone in hand.

He saw me and handed me the paper.

It was an obituary, I read it:

You are invited to the funeral, the goodbye ceremony of Gloria Shippens

"Well shit." I said.

"I know." He said.

I looked at the date. She died 6 years ago.

I opened it and read some more.

Leaving behind her little sister, Hallie Shippens

"She has a little sister." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

I looked up at the phone in his hand.

"Maybe her number is on that." I said.

"Its dead, I already tried turning it on." He answered.

"Well we need to find something else then, there has to be something here that can tell us where her sister is." I said.

"Or we can go to a phone store and have them retrieve all the numbers off this phone." He said.

I smiled at him. "Again. What would I do without you?"

XxxParisBesties 🥰