#165 "Unlimited Understandings" part 3

“Wow! I can’t believe that you are dating professor (Y/n),” say by one of his co-teacher at the faculty room.

  Because you were the one who have spread this dating rumor, Hoshi couldn’t deny it. If he wants to live, then HE MUST NOT.

  “W-Well,” a long sigh was heard after his feeble response. Then he forged a laugh,“Ha-ha-ha-ha…”

  “Glad neither the two of you have denied it,” one blurted out. “Or else, people might make a big deal out of Professor (Y/n)’s another rumor.”

  There is another rumor? What is that rumor Hoshi isn’t aware of?

  “What kind of rumor?” he asked, mouth slightly detached and small slanted eyes are opened widely.

  “Do you know that tall, tanned and handsome popular student name Kim Mingyu?”

It is true that he is popular amongst everyone. But Hoshi doesn’t have any idea about him at all. Maybe because rather than being interested to handsome guys, he is more into cute girls; which basically the reason why he was so sure that he doesn’t have feelings for you.

  Truth hurts.

  “I don’t know him. I can’t remember each students’ name,” Hoshi chuckled while scratching his nape.

  The silent teacher sitting from the side is browsing Facebook on his phone. Annoyed by Hoshi’s clueless, he then searched Mingyu on Facebook and showed his picture to the curious pal. “Here. This is the pretty boy they were talking about.”

  “Woah! This student is really handsome. And he is tall too!” Hoshi exclaimed such compliments.

  “Yup. And based from the rumor, one student saw this guy confessing his feelings to professor (Y/n).”

  Professor Kwon’s smiles are like thin bubbles explode in mid-air. It vanished as if it didn’t exist beforehand.

  While he is remaining silent, one commented, “Two professors dating each other are much better than being in a rumor with a student. You did a good job Hoshi.”

  Is it really for the better?

Hoshi was thinking and bothered about it all day.

  Under the purple dawn sky when street lamps were welcomed at the boulevard, Hoshi is walking home while kicking a small rock from time to time.

  “Isn’t it better if (Y/n) date a guy who really likes her?” he murmured. “But she mustn’t date a student,” he sighed.

  At that moment, he saw a familiar guy from afar. He is standing below a street lamp making his face visible. 187 cm height, thick brows, small face, pointed nose and slanted round eyes; he is a man who seem a living person from a cut out magazine.

  “Is he… student Kim Mingyu?” Hoshi asked himself. When Mingyu turned to his direction, he hides behind the curve wall towards the other street. “What is he doing in my neighbor?” He peeked at him once again.

  Mingyu is glancing at his wrist watch and keeps on massaging his long legs.

  “He is maybe waiting for someone,” Hoshi guessed based on his actions. “Wait. If he is waiting for someone then it could be…”

  Right at that moment, you came from the other side with popsicle in your mouth. “Oh? Mingyu. Why are you here?”

  Mingyu drew a smile on his lips. “Did you buy ice cream at the convenience store?” he greeted.

  “Yeah,” you answered before pulling your popsicle out. “So why are you here?”

  He smiled again, but this time, there is something on it which can flutter hearts. That simple upward of the corner of his lips showed sweetness. Your reflection is on his eyes – eyes that took interest to nothing but only you. It is easy to tell outside the frame that Mingyu likes you romantically. However, because your dumbness in term of dating is second to none, you are blinded by another idea which is…

  ‘Mingyu is a gay and he likes Hoshi’

I came here because I miss someone,” he answered in shy tone.

  ‘That someone is Hoshi!’ you shouted inside your head.

  “H-Hey,” you mumbled then gently tapped his arm. “I know it is hard to end your feelings for him. But I already told you that Hoshi and I are dating. And we love each other so much so don’t bother being the third wheeler. Okay?”

  There are too much information that confused Mingyu. Especially when he heard the word ‘him’.

  “Wait a minute Professor (Y/n),” he stuttered. “You are aware ‘bout my feelings, right?”

  Proudly, you nodded. “Of course. It is really obvious. You are jealous because I am dating Professor Kwon.”

  “I am. But-”

  “Yeah yeah yeah. I know about it. You like Hoshi. And it makes it hard because you are both guys.”

  Hoshi who is hiding and Mingyu who is standing in front of you, dropped their jaws.

  “You came here because you missed Professor Kwon, right? Oh my, your unrequited love is so sad. Tsk tsk tsk. But don’t worry. I’ll make my boyfriend happy for you. So don’t bother him anymore and get lost.”

  Then you walked out. 

  When a leaf fell at the top of Mingyu’s head, his reasoning came back. He cursed, “Sh*t.” Then ran forward to follow you. “Wait Professor (Y/n)! Let me explain!”

  Mingyu followed you so he can explain that he is not a gay and the person he likes isn’t Hoshi but you.

  However, Hoshi left alone at the same place so he didn’t hear the truth. He covered his mouth instead and gasped:

  “Student Mingyu is a gay? And he likes me?!” Then he hugged himself out of fear.

  That would be the fourth misunderstanding.

  Two teachers who excelled academically are both fool when it comes to Love. Indeed.