#160 "Loving is not a Job" (last part)

I hired a woman to love me but in the end, it was me who fell for her.

  Sitting inside my car in silence, I watched (y/n) in secret. She is at her part time job in a fast-food chain and about to wrap her shift. Although I paid her mother's loan, she still has to work for her necessities. I wanted to give her a job in my company but (y/n) didn't graduate in college. And if I lend her money, she'll refuse it the way she did before.

  Finally, (Y/n) walked out and it paid my two hours long of waiting. It amazes me how she could still smile even after the end of the day.  I changed the gear then slowly stepped on on the gas.  The widening of her eyes was on my expectation as I slid the window down. "Oh?! Choi Seungcheol!" she greeted. (Y/n) took a glance on my car then with a gasp, she continued, "Woah. You bought a new car. Cool dude~" She smiled sweetly and even gave me two thumbs up.

  Her smile has domino effect on me. When she does, soon I'll follow.

  "Hop in. I'll take you home," I offered with a smile.

  We went for a ride without words. (Y/n) is looking outside the the window while I was thinking what topic I'll bring up. In the end, I gave up thinking any further and turned on the radio instead. The faint sound resonated so I maxed the volume. Driving along the highway, we enjoyed listening to one of the song of an American band, "Air Supply"

  "Two less lonely people in the world and its gonna be fine
  Out of all the people in the world, I just can't believe your mine
  In my life where everything was wrong, something's finally went right
  When there's two less lonely people, two less lonely people in the world tonight"

  In my life where everything was wrong,  I wanted  to tell her that she made everything right.

  "Yow, thank you for driving me home," she said after I parked my car in front of her house. "Can't believe you put an extra effort by doing this," she teased.

  "I'm trying to earn extra points," I said and simply brushed my not styled black hair.

  Chuckling, (Y/n) tried to take off his seatbelt in difficulty.

  'This is a scene I always watch in romantic drama.'

  Because I was so desperate to received love before, watching romantic drama became my new hobby.

"Let me take it off for you," I offered then was ready to do it but...

  "Oh?" She gasped after succeeding on it by her own. "It's okay. I already did it, though it took me long enough. Lol~ Expensive things aren't really my forte."

  I blinked in disappointment. 'Looks like the God of love isn't on my side either.'

  "Thank you again Cheol. See you tomorrow."

  She left me without even letting me says 'Goodnight.' Is she really tired? But I'm tired too. Argh, this is unfair. Fetching a sigh, I shook my head out of frustration. When I was about to change my gear, (Y/n) came back and knocked on the window. I pressed the window down button as fast as lightning. Then I asked, "W-Why?"

"I  think I need to tell you something," she stated with bit of hesitance in her voice. "Seungcheol, I love you."

  Do you know the feeling of surprise when you got  high score in Math test when you actually didn't review at all? Or the time when a ball landed in your hand when you aren't even trying to catch it? Yeah. That's what I've felt when she confessed those three words to me.

  I remained wordless while looking at her as she continued, "I love it when you smile. It makes me happy. People called you boring, but I think you are just being honest. Because we've known each other for too long, I feel really comfortable yet there are times when I get nervous by your presence. It always happen when you tried to hold my hand.  Also..." She paused for a moment. Then, she traced her lips with her finger. "Sometimes, I wanted to kiss you."

  I am a kind of person who never lost in an argument; whether in verbal or mental way. Yet this time, I've lost in both. I couldn't say anything and my mind is also blank.

"Seungcheol, you are lovable. You proved it to me. That's why, don't you ever pay someone to love you. Don't meet someone like me who accepted your money for these sacred feelings." Her lips tugged upward. With a little swaying of her hand, she bid her goodbye. "With this, our relationship will be invalid. Right? Bye."

   There's something weighing down on my chest as she started walking away. I can't accept that everything will end with the confession I was waiting for my whole life. Thus, I took off my seatbelt and dashed towards her.

  "From the very start, I said that you should love me for real. This isn't a fake relationship! We are not pretending to be someone!" I shouted that stop her flee. (Y/n) gradually look back to meet my eyes. "When I told you that I wanna kiss you, you probably knew it was an indirect confession, didn't you? We love each other so don't go. Stay with me."

  She remained silent while watching me taking  steps closer to her.

  When I went closer enough, I stood straight and whispered, "Stay with me and... let's kiss."

  In my surprise, she suddenly burst out of laughing. "What's with your last line?! It's funny."

I frowned cause of her behavior. "(Y/n), I am not jok-"

  She grabbed my necktie, pulled me down and peck on my lips before I could finish my words.

  It isn't my first kiss. In fact, its just a peck. Yet I feel like jumping up and down along with my heartbeat. All of my negatives thoughts vanished and I wanted to thank myself for being alive. Her kiss moved me  into someone I never knew.

  "S-Seungcheol, where are we going?" She asked after I grabbed her wrist and pulled her.

  I pointed my car and said, "Let's kiss inside my car. This is your neighborhood and if someone saw us kissing broadly in public place, he might spread bad rumors about you. So, let's go in my car and kiss properly."

  Another crack of laughter came from her. "Lmao Seungcheol. You sound like a businessman with that. You're such a surprising guy that's why you never bore me at all."

  Blushing, I opened my car's door and we both hopped inside the back seat.

  "Going inside a car just to kiss is weir-"

  I shut her by slamming my lips onto her. It is a sloppy kiss, wet and loud. As I keep making it deep and fast, she laid down and I went on her top without breaking us apart.

  Meeting (Y/n) made me realized that if you wanted to receive love, then you should learn to give love. Because Love is not a job when you'll have to give your resume or have to wait for an applicant. There are no boss, no employee, no salary deduction and no resignation. It's just what it is - the greatest emotion we were born with.

The end