#86 "Started with a Lie"

There is much painful than getting rejected. It is when the person you love tells you about the person he adores. That pain is like a double-edge sword.

"I like Erin," Woozi confessed.

How will I react? I have two options: react as his friend, or react as a woman who is in unrequited love. Of course, the answer is clear.

"Really? Wow. Congrats Woozi! This is the first time you came to like someone," I responded. And then I gave him a smile that seems so genuinely sweet, though it wasn't real.

"Yeah. I just can't help it. Should I confess or not?" He sighed while looking up with those reddened cheeks as red as roses of spring.

Woozi is a cold guy. He rarely laugh, nor talk to anybody. For him, liking a girl is not an option but rather a waste of time; is what I thought so.  As his chilhood friend, I was anticipating for this day, when he decided to open his heart. However, fate must be wick. Loving him was not in my plan. I did my best to get rid of this one sided love but too many attempt got failed.

"Hey Woozi, what are you doing?" I jumped into his bed and watched him do something with his laptop.

Without checking upon me, he answered, "I am composing a song."

A song? Why?

"For the music festival? Are you going to participate again?" I interrogated.

And he shared, "No. I am composing a song for Erin. I will give this after I confessed my feelings." Then he smiled with a little touch of shyness that unexpected pain rushes through me.

He never smiled this way, not until Erin came to his life.

"Oh I see," I sighed. "Then I'll go out. Do well on your song."

"Wait, wanna hear it?" he asked.

No way. Listening to that will worse the pain inside my chest. I am not ready to cry in front of him. He will tease or maybe I'll make a mistake by confessing.

"No. If you are giving it to Erin, she should be the  first one who'll have the privilege to listen. I am going home. Bye."

One sided love is much painful when the person you like is always by your side. Indeed.

"Hey pig!" Woozi called me, so I stopped my pace and looked back. We are at the school's hallway.

"What?" I took off my earphone, facing him.

He took out a CD from his bag, and with an excited face like a child, he whispered, "I finished the song."

Then that means...

"Ohh that's good. When are you going to confess?"  I said half-heartedly.

And he answered, "Today. Will you help me? Erin is your classmate. Come on help me." He even tug my uniform and act like a spoiled brat.

I yanked his hand away, then flattened my uniform. "Why should I? Be a man dude. Manliness doesn't come from height."

"You wanna die?"

"No. Anyway, why are you asking for a help? Just confess to her with all your might. If she rejects you then I am here to lend an ear and maybe... maybe laugh a little?"

It would be good if you really got rejected. Huh.

"I cannot confess inside our school. So I am asking you to tell her to meet me at the nearest playground next to the day care center." Again, he has those blushing cheeks and a hint of shyness deep within. Argh, I hate this.