#53 "Outside our crazy world"

I am working at the Mental Hospital for almost 5 years. And speaking from personal experience, I can assure you that it's no walk in the park. It's also unlike most stereotypes you've heard or seen.

"Let me go!"

"Aliens are coming to attacks us!"

"I need to see my son! Peter! Peter!"

"I am not crazy! Let me out!"

Those screams are not screams, nor melodies to my ears. For me, those are words of my everyday life; like winds passing by.

I stood in front of the last door — the last room in the 3rd floor. Inside this room, there is an angel-like beauty waiting for me. "Mr.Yoon Jeonghan?" I called his name. With one of the keys I'm holding, I unlocked the door and went inside. Then I pushed the cart of food trays. "Good evening Mr. Yoon. I brought your din-"

He is sleeping.

I put his foods on the table before glancing onto his handsome face again. How can a man be this so much pretty? I knelt on my knees, put my chin on the edge of his bed and just stared at him.

It's been four months since he admitted here. Yet, I never heard him talk. All he showed was his smile — a kind of smile that made me hope he is not someone who should be lock in.

"If only Mr.Yoon is normal, maybe you'll be my crush."

"Who says I'm not?"

My eyes widened! The voice I never heard sounds like these: sweet, gentle and addictive.

He opened his eyes and  on his reflection mirrored my surprise response.

"M-Mr. YOON?"

"But if you'll see my normal side, I'll bet you won't like me," he added with a smile.

I stood up, had a plan to report that Mr.Yoon has finally talked. But he held my wrist and pulled me down on his bed. "Ahhh!" I gasped.

Things are so fast. All I know was that I am laying beside him and he was hugging me from behind.

My body went hot and cold: face is burning yet hands are freezing. I wanted to shout ormaybe ask for help, but when a prey got caught by a predator all of it senses went numb. I couldn't hear anything, I saw nothing, I felt like dying.

"Cause when I am not here to act dumb, I'll kill," he whispered onto my ear. Eleven words repeatedly echoed in my head like a broken plaque. 3 times, 4 times, no, a million times! Until I went back on my senses.

I stood up, pushed the cart and dashed out without looking back at him. My hands are shaking while I am locking the door until...

"Thanks for the food Miss (y/n)," words that halted me. I gawked at him through the small window of the door. Mr. Yoon Jeonghan is smiling. "At least, that is the last word you heard inside this world. See you later."

I wonder about him; the things he confessed, his voice and those smiles. What if... everything I witnessed before was only a mask? A hidden identity I shouldn't seek for an answer?

It's already 9pm when I got home. Darn traffic.

I put my bag on the side and buried my worn out face on the sofa. I still need to take my make-up off but I am too tired. I hope they can invent a machine that automatically remove my make up as soon as I lay down. Haaaaaa~

"See you later."

His voice is still inside my head. What did he mean by that?

~"kring kring" I heard my phone ringing.

Who will call me this night? I sat up and saw my co-workers name on my phone screen. She has 10 missed calls. I wonder why she is calling desperately.

"Hello?"

[Omg (y/n)! Thank goodness you pick up!]

"W-what happened?"

[This is a big emergency! Do you the patient of room 17 in third floor?]

My heart start beating so fast. The fact that she is talking about Mr. Yoon, made me trembles so bad.

"W-What's wrong with Patient Yoon?" I stuttered.

[He escaped! And when we checked the keys for third floor, his key went missing. You are the last one who went by his room right?!"]

Everything flashed back on my head. He got the key after he pushed me down on the bed! Damn it!

I hurriedly stood up and wore my jacket again. "I'll come now!" I said before hanging up. I quickly got my bag, put my shoes on and opened the door.

However...

"Nice to meet you here."

There is a man standing in front of my door. I slowly looked up, only to find his familiar face.

"Nice to meet you, here outside our crazy world."

Jeonghan smiled at me. I moved back, not because of his smirk, but because of the knife he is holding.