#76 "Perfect Guys"

"Dokyeom?" I called, and he looked back. "(y/n)?" he gasped. "Why are you here?"

It's already past midnight. I stepped out from the transient house to get some from fresh air. When I walked on the way to the swimming pool,  I saw a man sitting on the pool side, looking at the moon above while his feet are on the water. It was Dokyeom, my highschool classmate.

"You can't sleep?" He asked, and then his soft lifts stretched into a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet and shy, a ray of sunshine and a star in the middle of the night sky.

Captivated from it's beauty for the first time, I couldn't help it but to stutter, "Y-Yeah." It was followed by a fake cough. "Ahem. H-How about you?"

I am hesitating if I should sit beside him, but I was crazy to think that I should not because he might hear the loud beating of my heart.

"Same. I can't sleep too. Mind to join me?" Then he showed a can of beer.

So he drinks beer? Well almost 99% of men drinks alcohol but I thought he is one of those 1%, just basing on his personalities.

I got the can of beer from his hand. "T-Thank you." Then I sat beside him, not too near.

There was this kind of silence that settled between us. It was way more than the word 'awkward'' but less than 'being uneasy'. I took a sip of this apple flavored beer while denying the fact that he keeps on glancing at me- I can sense it from my peripheral vision.

"It's been 10 years already," He ends the silence. "I can't believe attending to our high school reunion was this fun. I enjoyed our first day," he shared then opened another can for himself.

"We've been contacting you before. No one knows that you studied abroad," I responded. 

"Yeah," he laughed. "That's why, everyone was so shocked when they saw this huge change. I was so fat before, and some of them were making fun of me."

"I'm not one of them, were I?" I also chuckled.

"Well, you weren't but this doesn't change the fact that you once rejected me."

Now... our gazes met. I bit my lip, eyes everywhere but on Dokyeom. Then he moved closer with those eyes that look so deeply into me.

"We were s-so young b-back then," I managed to answer. I can feel my body squirms by his stare, something about his gaze that I'll never find in another man.

"Liar," he pouted his lips and moved back. Now I can finally breathe. "I was a fat guy that time, that's the reason why you didn't give me a chance. Right?"

Maybe... yes. I was not attracted to him before. And there is one more reason why.

"I'm sorry. But I secretly liked someone before, that's why."

"Really?! Who?!" he gasped.

It is already in the past. So...

"Minghao."

"Our class president?!"

I nodded as answer then drink my beer in one shot. That was a little brave of me. I am so proud of myself!

"Wow. You looked like someone who is not interested in any men, but you are one of those girls who admired him huh. Then what did you feel when you saw him this morning? Butterflies? Awkwardness?"