#153 "Black and White" (part 7)

You and Mingyu not looking at each other is weird, girls not swarming around Joshua even after class is weirder, but no one dared to stand up and to catch lunch among the three of you is the weirdest.

  Awkwardly, you stood up from your desk. The guy in front, Mingyu and the guy behind your back, Joshua, looked at you. “Where are you going?” they asked in unison. “Canteen. To eat lunch,” you answered. They both stood up and picked up their wallets. “Me too,” Joshua uttered. “Why would you go all by yourself? That’s betrayal,” Mingyu commented.

  After hanging with Mingyu and Joshua for long months, eating lunch together became usual in your daily lives. Although they are very unique, they treated you in a way you’ll adapt. Mingyu talks harshly but he’s a soft hearted. On the contrary, Joshua speaks gentle outside but he thinks differently inside. The two are like black and white.

  One thing makes you puzzled. Students are usually has this sweet affection towards Joshua. But today, the atmosphere is different. He is the center of the attraction, but everyone looks at him without warmth. No one is approaching nor waving greet. Their table is like a hole in the middle of the road – students are avoiding it.

  “Something is weird,” Mingyu commented while munching his foods. “Hey Joshua. What happened? There is this odd sh*t around us. Is this because of that incident yesterday? Damn it.” He paused for a moment as he drops his spoon and brushes his hair upward with his right hand. “Man, what you did is right! Even if it was me, I’ll treat him the same way you did. Pushing that old man is not enough. How could he visit you after he got out from jail? F*ck it.”

  ‘Got out from jail.’ Those words are hints about that old man’s identity. You’ve heard from Joshua that his step-sister was sexually abused by his father. If it was really him, you now understand where those hatred in his eyes came from.  However, Joshua is now keeping cool by tugging the corner of his lips upward. “People hates me right now,” he answered.

  “Just because of that?” you butted in.

  This infamous white Prince shook his head. “No. There’s one more reason.”

  At the same time, Joshua got approached by a random guy student. He tapped Joshua’s shoulder and said this with giggle, “Bro. What happened? I heard rumors about you. Did you really push an old man?” Mingyu was about reply him but Joshua stopped him from doing so. He smiled at that random guy and answered, “It’s true. I pushed him.” That curios guy halted. He expected to hear Joshua’s denial so he was unable to speak for a moment. With few pausing, the random guy continued. “Ohh. There must be a good reason for you to do that? Ha-ha. Then what about this sudden rumor that you cursed at your classmate this morning? It isn’t true, right?”

  Joshua’s smile quickly faded as fast as lightning. He stared at that guy for some seconds before he answered, “It’s f*cking true. Can you just please go away? I’m having my lunch, you motherf*cker. Get lost before I pluck out your eyes. What? What are you looking at? Put your sh*t away assh*le.”

  A moment of silence swept away at the canteen. Joshua’s sudden changes put everyone on edge except for Mingyu and you who’s aware of his true colors. But despite of knowing, it is still surprising that he let his secret be known to the public.

  “O-Oh yeah. I’m sorry,” the random students trembled in fear as he walks away. Moreover, the audience around is trying to avoid meeting Joshua’s gaze.

  “Ahhhh, it is so refreshing,” Joshua inhaled. He put his elbows above the table and rested his chin at the back of his hands.

  “Why did you…?” Mingyu stuttered.

  Joshua hunches and replied with a beam. “I just got tired of this nice prince act. Now that I am acting in my usual self, I feel refresh.”

  Mingyu and you looked at each other. But when you remembered that confession Mingyu gave this morning, you tilted your head to look away. Joshua noticed the hasty stroppy feelings between the two of you.

  “What about the two of you? Since morning, you two were avoiding each other. What happened?” Joshua inquired.

  For you, telling it to Joshua might be a nuisance. So you shut your lips and keep your head downcast. However, “I confessed my feelings to her,” Mingyu said that made you looked back to him. Wide-opened eyes, you checked Joshua’s response. “Really?” he calmly muttered. “Then, are you already dating?”

  ‘Joshua knows this already?!’ you asked inwardly upon seeing and hearing his stable reactions.

  Mingyu shook his head. “We are not. I only confessed my feelings because I wanted to. (y/n) doesn’t like me s-so,” he stopped in the middle then scratched his red ears. “Hey~” He suddenly tapped your shoulder.

  “Huh?” you uttered.

  “You don’t need to act awkward around me. We can still be friends even if I have feelings for you. I am not asking you to like me back and I won’t do things that make you uncomfortable,” he shyly said.

  Joshua then agreed. “That’s right (y/n). You shouldn’t avoid us even though we like you.”

  Stop.

  Another pause in between.  

  “What ‘we’?” Mingyu inquired.

  Joshua pointed Mingyu, “You.” And the he pointed himself, “And I. We both like our friend (y/n), as a woman. That’s right. I confessed too.” Then he showed a peace sign.

  The black demon went wordless for a while. And then he murmured, “F*ck.”

-----