CHAPTER 27

ANDREA'S POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I tried to register the distant voices coming from the other side of the room.

"She was in a very horrible shape last night. I was scared. I didn't know even what to do." I heard Tristan's strained voice from a small distance.

I slowly moved my body and winced audibly as the sore pain rose from the pit of my stomach up to my chest.

I closed my eyes, taking in a few deep breaths as I heard someone coming closer. The bed dipped, a hand brushing my hair away from my face.

I opened my eyes, meeting Tristan's worried ones. Large darks circles accompanied with heavy eye bags were visible under his eyes. He looked very tired like he hadn't slept a wink.

I vaguely remembered anything from last night and it felt like I was missing something. Something important. Something that hurt me.

His eyes held something else. Guilt. He couldn't even look at me straightly. Suddenly all the memories of last flooded ny mind. Oh! We were getting a divorce.

My chest tightened at the memory, fresh tears gathering in my already aching eyes.

I looked at him once more, suddenly feeling like hitting him till I get tired, or till he feels half of the kind of pain I'm feeling.

I pushed myself away from him slowly raising my aching muscles to a sitting position, my head against the headboard.

A lone tear fell out of my sore eyes, my hand out immediately to wipe it as another fell. And another. And another.

All I wanted to do was to lay down back on the bed and cry, if only Tristan wasn't here.

Soon my hand was all wet, more tears running down my face. I wasn't one to hide my pains from Tristan because he is.... no was my confidant. But now, I was struggling to cover it up, to hide everything I was feeling away from him.

He reached out his hand and softly wiped my tear stained cheeks.

My gaze met his and I thought I saw remorse in them but maybe I was just seeing things.

"The doctor's here to check on you. You weren't doing so well last night." The words came out softly, I even wandered the last time he was this soft to me.

I looked from behind him and that was when I noticed Doctor Diego, our family doctor, sitting on a couch at the far end of the room, dressed in a simple black pant and a white dress shirt.

My eyes drifted back to Tristan's, the feeling of dread rising from my stomach up to my throat. Tears pooled in my eyes again as I thought about our divorce. I can't imagine being without him. I wonder how he doesn't realise he was all I had, the only thing I had to call mine.

I slowly backed away from him, wiping my sore eyes clear of tears again. I swallowed the bile in my dry throat before speaking up.

"I don't need a doctor."

I hated how my voice came out; weak and hoarse. I didn't want him to see this weak part of me ever again. If this was how things would end between us, I might start getting use to it.