CHAPTER 22

TRISTAN'S POV

The rays of sunlight that penetrated through the slightly open windows, illuminated the whole room as my eyes slowly fluttered open.

I quickly glanced at the alarm on the beside table and it was six am. I looked over at the gorgeous woman beside me. Her legs were in between mine, her head on my chest and her long chocolate brown hair was sprawled all over my chest and all around the pillow.

Her pink plump lips were slightly open, which only made want to kiss her senseless.

She seemed a little upset about something last night and even when I tried figuring it out, I just couldn't.

Slowly placing her head comfortably on the pillow, I kissed her temple before slipping out of the bed.

I had a very long day ahead of me and I wasn't even sure when I was going to be back.

I had a quick shower and got dressed in a simple two piece suit. I walked back to the bed and picked disconnected the charger off my new phone. Having the important things I had recovered, when I have a very good PA like Marielle, wasn't a problem. Speaking of which, I made a mental note to call her.

I removed the paper from the officer had given me and slipped it into my pocket along with my car keys.

Drea seem to have no plans of waking up anytime soon and I really need to go. I kissed her forehead, pulling the comforter over her body before leaving the bedroom.

Nanny Clara wasn't awake and I was grateful for that. Pulling my car out of the driveway, I was on the road to one of the most stressful day I've ever had.

I was drowning in my thoughts again as I listen to the humming sound of my car as I drove to the hospital where all the workers were.

What's going to happen now? Some of them might not want to call her and I needed to compensate all of them even though they were not going to come back. 

What was going to happen to Drea and I? My life was a mess now, a major mess and I was sure to loose billions. But what scared me the most was how she was going to take all of it.

I slowly pulled up at the hospital and parked the car. The smell of antiseptives filled my nose as I took short slow strides into the hospital.

A nurse at the receptionist directed me to director's office and I didn't even say a thing to her.

I knocked softly walked into the office. A doctor was sitting behind the desk, dressed in a white lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck.

"Doctor Cole." He stood up and stretched out his hands, introducing himself, and I shook it lightly.

"Good morning doctor." I greeted.

He offered me a seat, picking up his glass from the desk and wore it. He picked up two files and hands them over to me.

"Here are the list of patients here. I classified them, the badly injured ones are listed in the file above, while the slightly injured ones are below." He sits upright as I open the first file.

It was the list with badly injured workers, seventy-five workers. I opened the second file and let out a heavy sigh. One hundred and thirty-five slightly injured workers. In Total, there were two hundred and ten injured workers here in the hospital.