CHAPTER 4

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

TRISTAN'S POV

"I think Drea's going to leave me." I said with fear visible in my eyes.

I know it's normal for couples to fight but I couldn't help but wonder what she had going on in her mind right now.

"What do you mean? Was it that bad?" He asked looking at me.

"She cried herself to sleep." I answered feeling that pang of guilt again in my chest.

He was silent for a while just enjoying his meal... I guess.

"It's your fault." He simply said without even looking at me.

"How is it my fault huh? She was the one who indirectly told me she'll leave if I loose everything. Tell me how then is it my fault?" I asked half yelling.

"She didn't really say she was going to leave you, did she?" He asked calmly.

I remained silent. She didn't say she was going to leave.

"Did she?" He asked again.

"She didn't. She said all women of 'her' class would leave if they were to be in-"

I stopped myself from finishing the statement but he already figured it out.

"If there were to be in Alicia's shoes." He completed with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring her up." I apologised

"It's ok.... and I'm not the one you owe an apology." He stated wiping the sauce off his lips with cream colored table napkin before taking a sip from his milkshake.

I just remaind silent. He was right anyways, I owe Drea an apology.

"Tristan, you have a beautiful woman whose waiting for you at home to apologise for what she said last night, a woman that loves you. Don't every compare her to every other woman out there because she's not like them. She's far from being like them. If only Alicia loved me half as much... then maybe she'd still be with me. " He finished, the sadness visible in his eyes.

You just got schooled Tristan.

"If you weren't my friend, I'd think you have a crush on my wife.". I stated with a fake frown on my face.

"What if I said I did?" He asked with a smug smile.

"Then I will kill you." I answered smiling.

"Thanks man." I added with a genuine smile.

"I should be thanking you. You know, I don't know what I'll do without you." He stated with a cocky smile.

"Ewww, geez Mason that's gross." I replied chuckling.

"But seriously, Thank you. Turns out you're the only real thing in my life." He said.

"You don't really have to thank me okay."

I looked at the time on my Roger Dubis wristwatch Drea gifted to me on my birthday last year. I later found out she didn't use any money from our joint account and from the credit cards I gave her... which meant she bought it out of her own personal account.