CHAPTER 9

TRISTAN'S POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were empty cards of birth control pills and a new one which she hasn't taken out from.

I couldn't seem to make myself understand why she would do such a thing.

I stood up and walked out of the closet. Flinging my suit jacket to one part of the room in anger, I pulled out my phone and contacted my Personal Assistant. She picked at the first ring.

"Cancel all my meetings and schedule them for tomorrow." With that I ended the call.

I paced around the room trying to clear my head.

She doesn't want a baby. She could've told me...

I sat on the edge of the bed, tugging at my hair as I felt my vision start to go blurry with tears.

"How could you do such a thing to me, Drea? How?"

I picked my phone and tried calling Aunt Ornella. It rang but no one answered. I tried again but still no answer.

I threw my phone to the other side of the be not knowing what else to do and sat on the edge with my head in my hand.

For how long has she been taking those pills? Why didn't she tell me she doesn't want to have kids?

Everything started to make sense now. That was the reason she was apologing last night. That's the secret she's been keeping from me.

My phone ringing from behind me brought me out of my thoughts.

I leaned over the bed and looked at the caller I.D. It was Aunt Ornella.

I picked the call but I didn't say anything.

"Hello? Tristan?" Her cheerful voice was somehow filled with worry.

"H-hi Aunt Ornella." My voice barely a whisper.

"How are you? I haven't heard from you in a while"

"I-I'm f-Fine." I stuttered

But that was the biggest lie I've told in a long time. I was far from being ok.

"Are you sure? You don't sound ok."

"I am Aunt. Ca-can I speak to Drea?" I asked hoping she wouldn't recognise the pain in my voice.

"Andrea? She isn't here Tristan." She answered a bit confused.

"Has she already left?" I asked getting up from the bed.

"Tristan, Andrea didn't come here today. Is everything alright?"

What? She told me she was going to see her Aunt .

"Uh-yes. Everything's fine. I'll just call her. Thank you Aunt." I said in attempt to end the call.

"Call me when you get in touch with her. Maybe you two could stop by this weekend for dinner? I really miss both of you." I could sense the excitement in her voice.

"Sure. I'll see you on Saturday. Take care Aunt."

"You too Tristan. Bye."

"Bye. Say hello to uncle Oliver for me."

"Sure dear. Take care."

With that, I hung up.

Where was Andrea for God sake? What was she doing? What else was she hidding?