CHAPTER 8

TRISTAN'S POV

Everything Drea said at the dinning room kept ringing in my ears.

I didn't do anything, Just watch her cry while talking. I always knew she avoided converstations about Ellie, And I also helped her by never talking about it not because I didn't miss her too, But because I didn't want to see her hurt.

Immediately she left, I felt that pang of guilt in my chest. Hearing her cry in the bathroom back in the office made me realise I had hurt her.

I shouldn't have talk to her that way. I know she was surprised to see Alicia in my office but I didn't think that's what made her that way.

And she definitely didn't stop by to go shopping and have lunch with me later. Drea doesn't shop that often like Alicia, rather she shops only when necessary. And she usually does her shopping in the afternoons. When she arrived at my office, It was barely 9am.

I wanted so bad to hug and kiss her but I just don't know why I didn't do it.

I took in her outfit when she walked in. She was clad in a simple black lacy short gown with showed off her long legs but they weren't too revealing. I wouldn't want other men staring at my wife like they were hungry vultures. And when she was about to leave, The tears which she kept at bay didn't go unnoticed by me.

The drive to my parent's house was the most distant ride we've ever taken together. I knew she was trying to be on her best mode for when she sees my parents.

And when she broke down in the dinning room, I had never seen that broken in a long time, Since we lost our daughter.

Alessandro left the dinning room also minutes after She left. I thought he was going to his bedroom or somewhere else, but I was surprised to see him with Andrea. He was holding her against his body in a tight embrace and it made me feel angry that she was receiving comfort from another man, Even if he was my brother. But what rights do I have over this? I should be the one there.

Alexandro has always had a soft spot for her and I needed not to worry because he was my brother and she was already taken.

I stood a little far from where they were sitting on the bench in the garden.

Hearing her talk about our daughter made my heart clench. I miss her too. I knew how bad she handled Ellie's death and I can't bear to see her that way again but why do I feel like there's something more she's afraid of, or there's something she's hiding.

The drive back home was the same as the one we took while coming.

I kept taking short glances at her but I guess she didn't seem to notice.

She had her head placed on the window pane, Lost in her thoughts again.

My hands itched to have her close to me, But I couldn't do it, For some reasons I myself don't know.

When we got home it was a little past 7. The car finally came to a halt after Mark drove into the garage and Andrea immediately got out. I also got out, Walking behind her into the house.

I opened the door for her and she just muttered her thanks, clearly avoiding eye contact with me.

"Darling, you're a little earlier than I expected." Nanny Clara said as she walked out of the kitchen.