CHAPTER 17

TRISTAN'S POV

This past few days has been hell for me. I get up very early for work and come back in the wee hours of the morning, not because I liked coming back home late, I just couldn't bring myself to face her.

Nanny brings me a clean suit before I wake up in the morning and a clean pajama for me before I get back.

Everything's been really stressing me out. I haven't been to our bedroom since that night. I burried myself in a lot of work all throughout the week so I didn't have to think of her.

I was really planning on talking to her the next day but I just decided against it. I've been skipping breakfast and just have lunch delivered to me when it's almost evening.

I usually don't go to work on Saturdays but I decided to work in the office today.

I woke up early as usual and prepared for work. Nanny offered to make me a quick breakfast and asked why I was going to the office on a Saturday and I had to lie to avoid more questions from her.

Even though I badly wanted to ask her about Drea, I decided not to and promised myself to see her when I got back from work.

I drove to work with Andrea swarming my thoughts again. I even thought about asking Mason whether he would like to have lunch with me, but realised he would only ask about Drea and I.

I didn't really have much work to do so when I got to my office I ordered breakfast. Halfway through eating my food, I wanted to call Nanny and ask her if Andrea had eaten yet, not until Marielle walked into my office.

She looked distraught, her hand clutching the tablet she held tightly to her chest.

"What is it?" I sat up trying to figure out what made her look that way.

"I-I think we-we have a huge problem, Sir." She stuttered.

That caught my attention.

"What is it?" I stood up from my chair and walked around the table to where she was.

I smelt something in the air... like gas??

"Marielle tell me what the hell is wrong?" I half yelled.

She was shaking out of fear and her eyes were a little misty.

"Sir, the whole company... the whole company smells of gas." Tears dripping down her face.

My heart was beating very fast, as if it would jump out of my chest.

I walked closer to a now sobbing Marielle and held her by her shoulders.

"Look at me, Marielle. Everything will be alright. You're not going to die okay. Can you estimate how many workers came in to work today?" Sweat dripping down from my forehead down to my face.

"They all- they all came in to work today." She was shaking so bad and I was afraid she would pass out.

"Breathe, Marielle. We're running out of time. You go downstairs and get everyone out of the building, alright?" I wiped a tear drop away from her face.

She nods repeatedly and walks out of the office.

I quickly got my cell phone and called the fire department and the emergency hotline, not that I was praying for an explosion, I just wanted everyone to be safe.