Lethal Misfits (14)

Iris

The next two days were less eventful, which meant plain boring. They left Calla with me the next night and once again I felt like a dog which needed protection. I was beginning to feel that they were here to make sure I didn't give up and run away instead of keeping tabs on that guy called David. Calla wasn't as friendly as Kenji, the whole time she sat downstairs with a thick book open before her while yelling at Johnny on the phone. I left her to study without asking any questions and retired upstairs, feeling this was going to stretch forever.

''Oh, you look bored out of your mind.'' Johnny commented on Saturday when I was sat on a spare chair downstairs, staring at the ceiling with a foul expression. It was Sunday and all of them were present there. I began to wonder if they had lives outside this.

''How was your exam?'' I ignored Johnny and asked Calla, whenever she was in room I felt anxious and a dire need to make sure things were normal between us.

Gratefully she didn't scowl, in fact it was first time I saw her grin like that, ''I'm gonna ace it just fine, not so sure about Law though.''

''Ha, I just got two questions wrong,'' Johnny replied hotly, ''between the good thing is, I won't have to worry about classes for another the next two months.'' He joined me on the side, others were busy playing monopoly on that round desk, Kenji was yelling at every now and then at Rowell for cheating and the ruckuss was driving me crazy.

''You don't look too pleased Poppet.'' Calla commented, I was amazed for a moment that she had approached me out of blue. It took my time to stare at her as she stood there talking to me; I even forgot to correct her.

''I'm bored,'' I replied, throwing an accusing look in Johnny's direction, ''there's nothing to do. I feel like I'm enduring a life time sentence here.''

''What do you do at home normally?'' She asked,

''Oh nothing special, just go to work and stuff. Marian was teaching me how to cook but our sessions got interrupted.''

''Isn't that boring thing?'' She commented rolling her eyes, I didn't argue with her. These guys were used to having a thrilling life; they won't understand the sorrows of a common person.

''You don't know how to cook?'' Johnny asked, smirking in delight,

I scowled, ''I never tried to, there were always Clara to do that stuff.''

''Who is Clara?'' They asked at the same time,

''Our chef, she made wonderful food, I wont forget her flavors.''

''When you get your house back, hire Law as a chef. He'll be more than happy to do the job.'' Calla replied, grinning at Johnny,  

''Very funny'' he scoffed,

That brought me back to the question that had been nagging me ever since I came here, I had been hesitant until now but I couldn't keep quiet any longer,

''By the way, you're not forgetting why I'm here are you?'' I asked him,

''Of course not-''

''Then what is your next move?''

He flinched, ''I haven't thought about it yet.'' I stared at him exasperated by the revelation; he didn't have a plan after this?

''You can't expect me to sit in this place forever do you?''

''She's right Law, we have to do something. You've gotten too lazy for your own good, when will you get to work?''

''Stop scolding me jeez.''