Lethal Misfits (7)

Lethal Misfits

Chapter 7

Iris

Marian was late again. The girl had the worst possible timings, when needed she was late, when not she was on time. I didn't want to come here and waste my time but she had insisted that I was ignoring our friendship and hanging out was absolutely necessary. I had agreed because I too wanted a break amidst the usual boring routine I had adopted recently or else my mind was gonna suffer serious damage. And also Marian did so much for me; it was only fair that I gave her time as well.

But as I sat there, my mind was wandering towards Drew again. I hadn't told him anything about the case yet. He didn't ask me anything and I was acting like a total coward. I feared that after telling him, he will start to hate me. And I was worried about him - I was always worried about him. Even while I waited for Marian I wondered if he was alright, back home. Marian had told me she will pick him up and both of them will join me. As long as she was with him, it was gonna be alright.

Hopefully.

I shook my head and decided to think about something less depressing. At the moment I raised my head to see if she was in sight, instead I saw two figures coming my way.

''Oh no...'' Johnny looked gleeful to see me again, he strode to my table with a confident grin and mischievous glint in his dark eyes, his hair were perfectly gelled and shone in sunlight. Behind him was the girl who I hadn't met that day but got the idea what she was like.

I considered my options; I could get up and run away as fast as possible from them. Or I could sit here bravely and face them. I chose the latter.

''Won't you greet me?'' He asked slyly and before I could welcome him he made himself comfortable in front of the seat, his friend sat as well though her face was stony and she was glaring at me like I had stolen all her Halloween candies. Only if she knew how much I hated candies.

''Johnny...you look well.'' I answered, trying to show him I was not intimidated.

''I thought you were going to say 'Johnny you look dashing.''

''Not bloody likely.'' I couldn't hold back the hostility.

''This is my friend Calla,'' he introduced us but none of us acknowledged each other. I didn't know what kind of game he was playing but I was cautious. And with Johnny my guard wasn't going down.

''What's your deal?'' I asked him without waiting, his brows shot up and he leaned back on his chair, regarding me quizzically.

''Deal you say? I'm not sure what you mean. I just dropped by to say hello. Aren't we friends?''

I scowled, friends? With him? Not in this lifetime.

''Friend is a pretty big word,'' I told him seriously, ''and don't associate us.''

''You're too cold.''

''That's because I have no intention of getting warm with you, asshole.'' The girl - Calla shot daggers at me, like I had called her asshole, not him. Johnny remained passive, he didn't mind being called names, or maybe my opinion about him wasn't a matter.

''No worries,'' he chimed, ''sometimes things start from one side.''

I clenched my jaw and put on a solemn expression. I had to be direct with him if I wanted to get rid of all this rubbish. Johnny waited leisurely for my response, like he had all the time in the world. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with me. ''I want you to stop doing all this nonsense, I had have enough of your shit!'' I hissed. Calla rolled her eyes and turned away from us, trying to show she wasn't interested in this conversation.