Lethal Misfits (25)

Lethal Misfits - 25

Iris

We were back in our apartment and were cleaning it since it was in a neglected state. When I called Drew and Marian and asked them to come back, both were equally shocked. Once Marian brought Drew here, I gave them a brief version of my talk with the gang. Though I excluded some parts - like Kenji's condition. The last thing I needed was to scare them.

''Is this really the right thing sis?'' Drew asked me, I smiled weakly,

''Maybe it was a bad idea, doing whatever Johnny suggested. I wish I had been smart enough.''

''I am surprised about what you found,'' Marian said gravely, ''that guy isn't really your uncle. And your father never found that out.''

I nodded heaving an exhausted sigh, ''I am glad we are not related. At least Steve is alright now. He's still at their place and don't wanna talk to us yet.''

''that's okay, as long as if is safe. It's kind of disturbing what happened to him; being a captive for two years? That's just insane.'' I looked at Drew sadly, we were all suffering because of that man and now, I wouldn't be able to d anything. He would continue living that false life of his, on the money my father earned through working hard all his life, wrecking the family my mother had tied up together with so much love. All got burnt to ashes.

''What exactly are you going to do?'' Drew prompted,

''I haven't thought much. But I will talk to James - as much as I hate him. I will tell him that I have no intention of coming in his way.''

''What if he doesn't let us go?'' He prompted,

''Lets be positive.'' I said ominously, and began dragging his stuff in his room. I didn't have energy to think otherwise, my brain cells were dead from too many shocks. I wanted to lie down on my bed and sleep for hours.

''Poppet, did that guy really broke the group?'' Marian asked after a while. Drew had gone in his room to put his clothes back in the closet and I was busy wiping the kitchen clean. I stopped midway and recalled his words from today. Whatever happened today was definitely shocking; it was the last thing I had expected from Johnny. Though when he explained his reasons, everyone looked glum at the prospect but nobody argued.

Kenji getting shot had shaken all of them badly and it made them see what I had been trying to tell them.

I was happy that he had done the right thing, his decision was well thought and I supported him in this.

''Yeah, it was sudden but I am glad that they are no longer going back in the dangerous stuff.''

She nodded, ''Hmm, he's a good guy.''

Once upon a time I had told Johnny the opposite. I had doubts in my mind back then; I was confused about judging him because no matter what they had done in the past, they were good to me and helped me in every possible way.

But now my mind was clear enough, ''Yeah, Johnny is a good person but most important of all, he is a great friend.''

''He came at my place this morning.'' My heart skipped a beat and I stared at her, pausing my hands again.

''Johnny?'' Marian nodded in response,

''He came to meet you?'' I protruded,

''He wanted to apologize to you and came for tips. He looked really sorry Poppet, I am not sure what happened between you two but I can tell he cares for you. Don't let such a sincere guy suffer.'' It was a strange feeling, Johnny meeting Marian because he wanted to make things right. Was he that guilty? Why didn't he tell me? Ugh I had been such a mega bitch with him.