Lethal Misfits (2)

Lethal Misfits

Chapter Two

Iris

I had been slapped two times in my whole life.

In sixth grade, Bryce Smiths, a toothless kid in my class once slapped me when I was making fun of his face. Despite the obvious fact that it had been my fault, Dad was absolutely furious with the Smiths and yelled at them a lot about it. This event led the start of my judo training - it was something I hated, then liked and then fell in love with.

The second time in my life I got slapped by a boy who looked like a slimmer version of Johnny Bravo, and he must be bravo since he had an audacity to slap me. I had been having a really bad headache with a constant feeling of my head being hammered, and bad guitar playing in my ears and the sky weighting down on me. I didn't even know how I ended up all the way from the main street to an abandoned part of the town. By the time I paid attention to my surroundings I was on verge of fainting. Thinking about Drew, Uncle Steve, the will and the whole case had completely drained my mental energy and all I wanted was to curl up in a hole and lay there forever.

Who knew I would be woken up like this?

I glared at the boy whilst he returned me an expression of desperation. My cheek was stinging real bad and my hand went up to touch it, he winced - as if he just noticed how hard he had hit me.

''What the hell?!'' I demanded and my voice echoed in the dark streets, he kept glancing behind him, I waited for an answer and then I heard it too. There were voices coming in our direction and they were shouting something really obscene.

''That is hard to explain.'' I heard him say something like that. I was about to yell at him again, my muscles ready to beat him to pulp when he grabbed my arm rather forcefully and made me stand up.

''What do you think you're doing?'' I shrieked as he began to drag me, my voice came out high pitched and he kept cringing form the sheer amplitude.

''Hey! Let me go! Bastard!'' I struggled but he starting running, dragging me along with him. He was stronger than he had looked before and his hold on me was tight enough to prevent me from escaping.

Panic began settling inside me. Who was this guy? I had never seen him in my whole life, I admit that lying in the middle of the street was fault on my part but why was he doing that? That's when the train on my thoughts led me to a dangerous territory, What if he was a gangster or worse a rapist?! He was forcing me somewhere; he was definitely trying to take advantage of me! Where was my strength when I needed it? I couldn't even break free of his death grip; the chances of my survival were dimming already.

''Ugh! What the hell? Who are you?'' I yelled in amidst of my fruitless struggles. He kept looking back at the source of the voices, even I could make an outline of two men running - though this guy was much faster than them. He kept running as if it was an Olympic marathon, he was well practiced like he had been doing this forever. While I was already trying to catch my breathe.

''Just shut up for a moment, I'm not kidnapping you!'' He shouted back between excessive pants. I got the idea that those men were following him since they kept shouting obscenities at him. But why the hell was he tagging me along?

''Law! You can't escape now, you'll realize you messed with the wrong person!'' The heaver man shouted and the guy whose name was apparently Law, cussed out too loudly in response. His language was just as colorful as mine.

I kicked and thrashed and wailed some more but he was too stubborn to let go. The men were getting left behind given their enormous and bulky bodies while he led me through streets that I didn't know existed in London.