Lethal Misfits (12)

Lethal Misfits

Chapter 12

Johnny

We sat in the minivan watching the street with utter concentration, we had already spotted David's men spying on us, and they thought we were clueless about their interruption, but those trolls were wrong. We were two steps ahead of them. I didn't blame them though, if someone had such thick boss, it was impossible for them to act smart.

It was just four of us here; me, Calla, Sully and Rowell. I had brought the ones who could put up convincing fight. Calla hated everything so she wouldn't let this chance go away, Rowell hated Iris, Sully took his work with grim seriousness and I always knew what to do at the best time - this made us a good team.

Kenji was a loud mouthed idiot who acted in whatever way that pleased him, Alice herself had refused and said it was better if she stayed behind. Overall, we were ready to strike. Now we had to wait for Iris to show up. She was late though.

I was feeling bad for her now; she had to go through all this trouble to save herself and her brother. I had seen uncertainty and doubt about this situation in her eyes, I could tell that she was afraid but at the same time she had refused to give up. Being tough as a stone, she was ready to do whatever was necessary.

''I am warning you Rowell, if you hit her too hard, I'll personally escort you to hell.'' I warned the blonde idiot, remembering how he had smirked at the idea of the fake fight we were supposed to put up. He gave me a sour look,

''What the fuck do you think I am Law? I have so decency and I don't think she'll let me do that. You told us she's some sort of Judo freak.''

''Judo genius'' I corrected,

''You vocabulary is all over the place.'' Everybody ignored Sully.

''I hate it when you boys start bantering in a middle of our work, we're not having a sleepover right now!'' Calla snapped at both of us, Rowell opened his mouth to say something but her glare made him back down.

''What if she doesn't know how to act properly and goes out of character?'' Sully grumbled again, straining his neck to get a good look from the back seat.

''Then we bang her head on the wall.''

I glared at Calla, ''Tell me that was a joke.''

She shrugged, ''It really was a joke.''

''Alice is calling'' Rowell muttered as his ring tone went off, we sighed as he answered the phone with a stupid smile on his face,

''Babe?'' I could imagine Alice telling him not to call him that, what was it? A hundredth time already?

''So what should I call you then?''

Another pause, ''Nope, I like babe, it suits you.''

Calla exchanged a look with me and rolled her eyes, ''Hey, I think we already discussed never to talk about that day again.''

''Babe, stop embarrassing me.''

''No, I know you're-'' I grabbed his phone and talked to Alice instead,

''Alice, its Johnny.''

''Thank God,'' she said from the other side, ''I thought he was gonna spent the next hour discussing nicknames.''

''Is Kenji troubling you?''

''Nope, I just called to informed you that I've arranged everything and David called too. He asked how long was it gonna take and shit.''