Lethal Misfits (4)

Lethal Misfits

Chapter 4

Iris

My first impression of Johnny's group was 'weird'. After the dark haired girl shook hands with me, it changed to 'super weird.' It had nothing to do with her though; she seemed nice enough for a something-like-gangster. The guy who snapped at me wasn't the same - he was the type I hated the most. Without saying another word he left us and went upstairs, his feet pounding on the poor stairs brutally leaving them groaning pitifully.

''Damn you're hot, we should hang out some time.'' The red haired guy who sat on the floor spoke eyeing me up and down, as I guessed he was Japanese and his accent proved that. Johnny threw him a dirty look and I smirked,

''You're way too young for my taste.'' He looked just a year older than Drew with advantage of height and even if he weren't the chances of me hanging out with guys like these were lower than zero. What did he expect?

''A heartbreaker uh?'' He mused and I simply snorted. My dating history was fairly low, not because I scared the guys away, in fact the only ones I ever had a chance to know turned out to be absolute assholes. Not Johnny-ish assholes, the other kind. None of them lasted than three months and eventually I gave up. Marian - my best friend - was still trying to set me up. All her attempts were rendered useless thanks to my snappy, blade like tongue. And I was extremely choosy when it came to people, Uncle Steve's betrayal had left me bitter and my trust was a hard thing to attain.

''Why can I get home?'' I asked Johnny checking my wrist watch. I had told Drew only half of the details and he was already freaking out. I knew he wasn't a small kid but leaving him alone was really difficult to me. I should've asked Marian to stay there.

''Sully she needs to get home.'' The big guy was standing possessively over the door; like a guard and he was eating potato chips in a monotonous manner, as if his life depended on it.

''Are you sure it's alright to go out now?'' The guy - Sully - asked,

''Where do you live Iris Bradley?''

''It's alright if you call me Iris, I am not a senator's daughter.'' I told Johnny, '' and I live behind Newton street in the apartment building there.''

''Kenji where are the bike keys?''

''In my pocket dude.'' Kenji took about three keys out of the pocket of his jeans and I noticed how torn his clothes were. He didn't seem to mind his disheveled state.

''Law, our bikes are not here.''

''I know that!'' Johnny snapped at him irritably and grabbed one of the keys nodding to me,

''Come'' I followed me to the door where the big guy still stood. Johnny gave him a look and he step sided.

''I'm coming with you.'' Sully threw the packet on the floor and rubbed them on his jeans,

''No way''

''I'm coming with you.'' He said, this time more forcefully,

''You're not my body guard Sully, I can take care of myself.'' Too late, he was already getting ahead of us, taking the iron chain off the rusty gates.

''It's alright, I don't want your fights to waste my time.'' He didn't argued and I followed them out of the warehouse, glad to leave. They were out of the gates when I glanced back for once at the structure; it stood there just barely. Like an old woman trying not to faint. I noticed a window in the upper story, illuminated by bright light. A girl was staring back at me. It was more like a glare though, as if I had stolen her most prized possession. This must be Calla.