Snape's Match

Soon the weekend of the match comes and Harry is grinning. "What?" Ron asks. "Got an owl from Sirius. They're arriving today!" he exclaims happily as he sits next to Draco. "When?" Hermione asks "Some point this morning. Apparently Professor McGonagall is giving them the password so they can get in." Harry tells them. Draco smiles as he watches Harry get excited about his family coming to watch. "You know it's rude not to great your family when they arrive." they hear a voice from behind them. Harry spins round and grins "Sirius, Remus, Cissa!" he exclaims running over to hug them, followed by Draco, Ron and Hermione. Sirius chuckles as he hugs his Godson before hugging the others.

"I think someone might be happy to see us." he tells Remus. "I think you might be right Padfoot." he responds with a chuckle. "Yeah well I haven't had anything good happen the last few days. Wood has had us Practising neatly everyday and Snape is refereeing the match!" Harry exclaims. "Since when has Snivellus known anything about Quidditch?" Sirius asks puzzled, making the four teens shrug. "No idea" Harry tells him. That evening the group spend it together with Fred, George and the adults outside in the grounds. Draco sits with Harry under a tree by the lake while the others sit slightly away in groups. Hermione with Remus, and Ron with Narcissa, finally Fred and George with Sirius. Harry leans against Draco's shoulder and closes his eyes smiling. "You good baby?" Draco asks. "Yeah. Just comfy and happy." Harry tells him. Draco smiles and places his head on top of Harry's.

Harry walks into the changing rooms the next morning with Fred and George. Oliver takes Harry to the side "Don't want to pressure you, Potter, but if we ever need an early capture of the Snitch it's now. Finish the game before Snape can favour Hufflepuff too much." he tells him. "The whole school's out there! Blimey even Dumbledore has come to watch." Fred tells the rest of the team. Harry dashes to the door to take a look himself. Soon Harry walks onto the pitch and the game starts just after. He starts circling the pitch looking for the Snitch. Snape awards a penalty shot to Hufflepuff because George hit a bludger at him. A few minutes later he awards another penalty for no reason at all. Harry suddenly spots the snitch behind Snape on his broom. He smirks and dives down, Snape moves just in time to see Harry streak past him. Harry grabs the Snitch and holds it in the air. The crowd erupts into cheers and Harry jumps of his broom a foot off the ground.

The game lasted barely five minutes. The Gryffindor's all spill onto the pitch. Harry sees Snape white faced and tight lipped when he suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder. "Well done. Nice to see you haven't been brooding about the mirror... been keeping busy... excellent." Dumbledore whispers so only Harry can hear. Harry smiles as Draco rushes over to him with Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Remus and Narcissa following him. Draco kisses his lips "Well done baby." he tells Harry. Sirius pats Harry on the back "It's good to see you've got your Father's talent on that broom of yours." he tells him. Harry smiles and hugs Sirius before turning to the others. "You guys go up to the castle. I'm going to get changed. I'll catch you up." he tells them.

Once Harry leaves the changing room he bumps into Draco. "I thought I'd told you guys to go ahead." he chuckles. "Well I didn't listen." Draco tells him kissing his nose. Harry chuckles and spots Snape sneaking into the forbidden forest. He motions him to Draco who frowns slightly. Harry gets onto his broom with Draco jumping on behind him. He circles the forest til they spot him talking to Quirrel. "D-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus." Quirrel tells him. "Oh I thought we'd keep this private l. Students aren't supposed to know about the Philosopher's Stone." Snape tells him in an icy voice. Quirrel mumbles something that Snape interrupts "Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?" he asks. "B-b-but Severus I-" "You don't want me as your enemy Quirrel." "I-I Don-t know what you-" "You know exactly what I mean." An owl hoots and cuts Snape off. "-your bit of hocus pocus. I'm waiting." "B-but I d-don't-" "Very well. We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie." Snape then walks off with his hood up.