Bludger Attack

Harry wakes up and groans as he sits up, pulling on a jumper and a pair of jeans before heading down to breakfast. Walking into the Great Hall he finds the rest of the Gryffindor team huddled together as they eat "Harry." James smiles, walking into the Hall behind him. "Hey Dad." Harry smiles. "Got a surprise for you." James tells him. "What?" Harry asks. "Think it might be us Prongslette." Sirius smiles, walking in with Remus and Regulus. Harry grins and hugs them "Cissa is arriving later, she wanted to get some more sleep." Sirius tells him. "For now, you need to eat some breakfast." Regulus tells Harry, putting his hands on his shoulders from behind and steering him over to the team. Harry sits with the team, his father and uncles joining them "Oliver, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, these are my uncles. Uncle Sirius, Uncle Remus, Uncle Regulus, this the rest of the team. You've obviously already met Fred and George." Harry smiles. "You here for the Quidditch game?" Angelina asks. "Yeah, we want to show Reggie Harry's skills in a proper game rather than the ones we played in the summer. I was a Beater when we were here, Reggie was a Seeker and James was a Chaser and a Seeker." Sirius responds. Before anyone can ask anymore question Oliver looks at the time "We better head down so we can get changed and prepped." he tells the team. The team nods "He always like this?" Regulus asks in a whisper. "Yep." Harry and the twins respond simultaneously.

Harry pulls on his Quidditch robes and sits on the bench, listening to Oliver as her talks "Slytherin has better brooms than us. No point denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have, we've been flying in all weathers and we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime, Nott, buy his way onto their team. It'll be down to you, Harry, to show them that a Seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get to that Snitch before Malfoy or die trying, Harry, because we've got to win today, we've got to." he tells the team, addressing Harry at the end. "So no pressure, Harry." Fred winks. Harry smiles weakly and gets up with the rest of the team, following Oliver onto the pitch where they're greeted by cheers for Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Flint and Wood to shake hands, giving each other threatening stares and gripping rather harder than was necessary "On my whistle. Three... two... one..." Madam Hooch says, blowing her whistle. Everyone takes flight, Harry immediately squinting as he begins his search for the snitch "All right there, Scarhead?" Nott shouts, shooting below him to show off his speed.

Harry doesn't respond as he swerves a Bludger, feeling it ruffle his hair as it passes "Close one, Harry!" George tells him, streaking past him with his club in his hand. George gives the Bludger a powerful hit in the direction of Adrian Pucey, but the Bludger changes direction in midair and shoot straight for Harry again. Harry drops to avoid it, George managing to hit it hard towards Nott. Once again, the Bludger swerves and shoot sat Harry's head. Harry starts speeding round the pitch, the Bludger speeding after him . Fred waits at the other end, hitting the Bludger in the opposite direction "Gotcha!" he yells happily, she's smile dropping as the Bludger starts speeding at Harry again. Fred and George stay next to Harry, trying to protect him from the Bludger "Someone's—tampered—with—this—Bludger—" Fred grunts, swinging his bat with all his might at it as it launches itself at Harry once again. "We need time out." George says, trying to signal to Oliver and stop the Bludger at the same time. Madam Hooch's whistle rings out making Harry, Fred, and George dives for the ground, still trying to avoid the Bludger "What's going on? We're being flattened. Fred, George, where were you when that Bludger stopped Angelina scoring?" Oliver asks as they huddle under an umbrella. "We were twenty feet above her, stopping the other Bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver. Someone's fixed it, it won't leave Harry alone. It hasn't gone for anyone else all game. The Slytherins must have done something to it." George tells him.

"But the Bludgers have been locked in Madam Hooch's office since our last practice, and there was nothing wrong with them then..." Oliver responds anxiously. "Listen, with you two flying around me all the time the only way I'm going to catch the Snitch is if it flies up my sleeve. Go back to the rest of the team and let me deal with the rogue one." Harry tells the twins as Hooch starts making her way over. "Don't be thick. It'll take your head off." Fred tells him. "Oliver, this is insane. You can't let Harry deal with that thing on his own. Let's ask for an inquiry..." Angelina tries. "If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match! And we're not losing to Slytherin just because of a crazy Bludger! Come on, Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!" Harry retorts. "This is all your fault 'Get the Snitch or die trying,' what a stupid thing to tell him!" George tells their Captain. "Ready to resume play?" Hooch asks, reaching them. "All right. Fred, George, you heard Harry—leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own." Oliver decides. The rain starts falling heavier as Hooch blows her whistle, Harry kicking hard into the air and immediately being chased by the Bludger. Harry speeds in multiple directions, the heavy Bludger having trouble keeping up with him "Training for the ballet, Potter?" Nott yells. Harry looks over and freezes when he sees the snitch near his ear, Nott being too busy laughing at harry to notice it.

The Bludger smacks into Harry's elbow, Harry hearing his arm break. As the Bludger swerves back towards him, Harry quickly dives out the way. Shaking his head, Harry shoots at Nott and uses his working arm to grab the snitch. Harry falls forward making his broom dive to the ground, with a splat he falls off into the mud with his arm at a strange angle "Aha. We've won." he says before passing out. Coming round, Harry sees glittering teeth through the rain "Oh, no, not you." he groans. "Doesn't know what he's saying. Not to worry, Harry. I'm about to fix your arm." Lockhart tells him. "No! I'll keep it like this, thanks... At least until my Mum gets her." Harry tells him, trying to sit up. Harry groans again as he hears a camera going off "I don't want a photo of this, Colin." he tells the first year. "Lie back, Harry. It's a simple charm I've used countless times." Lockhart tells him. "Why can't I just go to the hospital wing?" Harry asks through clenched teeth. "He should really, Professor. Great capture, Harry, really spectacular, your best yet, I'd say." Oliver tells the Professor and Harry.

Looking through the group of legs around him, Harry sees Fred and George trying to help Sirius get the rogue Bludger into a box as his parents, Remus and Regulus rush over "Stand back" Lockhart tells the crowd, rolling up his jade green sleeves. "No, don't." Harry says weakly. Lockhart twirls his wand and a directs it at Harry's arm, just as Lily, James, Remus and Regulus push their way through with Draco, Ron and Hermione. Harry feels an unpleasant sensation run down from his shoulder to his finger tips "What have you done?!" Lily shouts at Lockhart. Harry finally looks at his arm, his eyes widening when he sees that his arm looks like jelly. Colin immediately starts taking pictures, Draco pushing the camera down before crouching by Harry with James, Lily and Regulus "Ah. Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. But the point is, the bones are no longer broken. That's the thing to bear in mind. So, Harry, just toddle up to the hospital wing—ah, would you escort him?—and Madam Pomfrey will be able to—er—tidy you up a bit." Lockhart says sheepishly. "It doesn't happen if you know what you're doing!" Regulus tells the Professor, helping James get Harry to his feet.

Harry turns slightly green when he realises that Lockhart has removed the bones in his arm "It's alright Sweetie, Madam Pomfrey and I will sort this out." Lily reassures her son. Sirius finally gets the Bludger back into the box with the twins, making him run over to catch up with them "What happened?" he asks, seeing Harry's arm. "Lockhart tried to mend the bones and ended up removing them." Remus tells him. Harry stumbles slightly making James stop and pick his son up "I'll run ahead and tell Madam Pomfrey what happened." Lily says, kissing Harry's head before running ahead. "Can Lockhart get sacked yet?" Draco asks, anger in his eyes. "Minnie didn't look to happy when we passed her a minute ago, so you never know." Sirius tells him. "Let's just focus on getting Harry to the Hospital Wing for now." Remus tells his husband.