Second Year Welcome Feast

Harry and Draco grin as they come to a stop by Hagrid's pumpkin patch, James and Lily joining them seconds later "I definitely beat you." Draco pants. "No I definitely won that race." Harry grins, also panting. Hagrid walks out his hut, Fang following and running over to the group of four "Hello you four, what you doing here?" Hagrid asks as Harry and Draco crouch down and start stroking Fang. "The barrier at the platform got blocked somehow and wouldn't let us through." James pants slightly. Hagrid frowns "Never heard of that happening before." he remarks. "Minerva is looking into it." Lily tells him, still slightly out of breath herself. Fang jumps at Harry making him fall to the floor laughing "Missed you too Fang." he tells him, sitting up with a grin on his face. Draco tries to pull him up only to be knocked down by Fang aswell "I missed you aswell." he tells the boarhound.

James and Lily smile as the two twelve year olds get up and start playing with Fang "What's it like being back here?" Hagrid asks as he leads them into his hut. "Never thought I'd be back as a teacher." James responds. "No one did James." Lily teases. "Hey!" James playfully pouts, looking at his wife who smiles. Hagrid laughs "It's good to have you two back." he tells them. "It's good to be back." James tells him. "I'm just sad we never got to see Harry grow up." Lily adds sadly, looking out the window at her son and his soulmate who are still playing with Fang. "You're back now, nothing can change what's happened.just be happy that you can see him now. I know he is." Hagrid tells her. Lily nods and smiles as Hagrid pours them tea "I know I'm looking forward to seeing his first Quidditch game of the season." James tells them. "He's a natural on a broom. I think there's a couple pictures of him at his games last year somewhere, I'll ask around." Hagrid responds. "That would be great Hagrid." James smiles. Lily shakes her head lovingly "He told us about his first game." she tells Hagrid. "Ah, where he almost swallowed the snitch. I must admit, I've never seen that technique before in all the years I've bin here." Hagrid laughs. Harry and Draco walk in with a panting Fang "I think we've worn him out a bit Hagrid." Harry grins. "Looks like he's worn you two out and all." Hagrid smiles.

After a while the five of them head up to the school, James and Lily going into the Great Hall with Hagrid as the two twelve year olds run to their dorm room to get changed. Once changed they head back down to the Great Hall and sit down, soon being joined by the Weasley's and Hermione "Why weren't you on the train?" Hermione asks. "The barrier blocked us from coming through, McGonagall let us use the Floo Network instead." Draco responds. "Hey Harry, what's you mum and dad doing at the teachers table?" Ron asks. "Surprise." Harry tells him making Ron and Hermione look at each other in confusion. Soon Professor Sprout walks in and starts the sorting ceremony, Harry, Ron and Draco zone out til Ginny walks forwards "Gryffindor!" the hat exclaims. Harry, Draco, Hermione and the Weasley's stand up and cheer as she walks over and sits down with them. Professor McGonagall stands up and walks to the podium "Welcome back everyone and welcome to our new first years. I have a speech to give at the end but for now tuck in." she tells everyone, the golden plates filling food and the jugs filling with drink.

Harry smiles and starts talking to Neville, Seamus and Dean "How was your summer?" he Sk8 them. "Good, mum took me to France for a week." Dean smiles. "I spent most of mine seeing my grandparents." Seamus adds. "Gran and I had Uncle Algie over for a bit." Neville shrugs. "What about you guys?" Dean asks. "Played a lot of Qudditch." Draco tells them. "My family spent a lot of time round Draco's with his mum and Harry." Ron responds. "I have to wait for McGonagall to explain in her speech before I say anything." Harry tells them. "Why?" Seamus asks. "You'll see." Harry shrugs. "What about you Hermione?" Neville asks. "Spent some time with Ron. Mum and dad took me to the Lake District for a weekend though." Hermione responds. "I wonder what happened to Dumbledore, he's not sat in his chair, McGonagall is." Dean wonders. "She'll explain in her speech no doubt." Hermione says, giving Ron a look to stop him from spilling what happened. "Is it something to do with what you did in the summer?" Neville asks Harry. "Can't say, sorry." Harry responds.

Once everyone's eaten McGonagall goes to the podium once again "Now everyone is finished eating I have a few announcements. First of all I would like to welcome Professor Lockhart to the teaching staff, he will be your new Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor." she starts. Most the girls in the room clap along with a few boys, however most the room rolls their eyes. "Secondly, I would like to announce that Professor Dumbledore has been removed by the Ministry of Magic and is awaiting trial for Kidnapping, Child Endangerment and Preventing the Course of Justice. I will be taking over as Headteacher of the school." McGonagall continues. Everyone in the hall begins muttering and looking at their friends "Who did Dumbledore Kidnap?" Anthony Goldstein asks. "James and Lily Potter and Regulus Black." McGonagall respond making the room gasp and look at Harry who shrinks in his seat. "Ok, bugger off!" George starts. "He doesn't need you lot staring." Fred finishes making people look away, Harry smiles thankfully at them. "Which leads to my last announcement. James Potter will be joining the staff as my replacement for Transfiguration and Head of Gryffindor House. Lily Potter will be co teaching with him, aswell as helping Madame Pomfrey and working as my liaison when I am called away by other matters." McGonagall announces. James and Lily smile as the hall politely clap, the Weasley's, Harry, Draco and Hermione cheering and standing up. Harry catches James' eye who sends him a playful wink "Now, Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that you are not allowed in the Forest and items such as Fanged Frisbees are banned, you can see the full list in his office. With that said, off you go to bed. Prefects please help the First Years find their common rooms." McGonagall finishes.

Everyone stands up and starts leaving the hall except Harry, Draco, Hermione and the Weasley twins "Harry, you think you can introduce us to your parents?" Seamus asks, motioning to himself, Dean and Neville. "Sure, come on." Harry smiles, leading them over along with the others who stayed. Lily smiles and nudges James as she sees the children walking over "Hey mum, dad. This is Dean, Seamus and Neville, they're our dorm mates and wanted to meet you." Harry smiles. "Hello boys, it's good to put names to faces." Lily smiles gently. "It's a pleasure to meet you both Professors." Dean greets. "You too, Harry, Draco and Ron have spoken highly about you." James tells them. "We look forward to teaching you. Now, you lot better be off. You've got lessons tomorrow." Lily smiles. "Night mum, night dad." Harry smiles. "Night Harry. Just to let you know, it looks like Padfoot was right about the weekend. We've got permission from McGonagall to take you guys home." James winks. The twins high five "Brilliant." they say in sync as the others grins. "Now off you go." Lily smiles, making them nod and follow the rest of the school out the hall.