First Quidditch Practice And Parcels

The four friends walked into the great Hall for breakfast the next morning smiling when they saw the shocked look on Nott's face, surprised that they were still in school looking tired but happy. Harry had filled his friends in on the package that he believed the dog to be guarding  and explained they spent a lot of time wondering what it could possibly be. "It's either really valuable or really dangerous" Ron thought out loud. "Or both." added Draco.A week later a large thin parcel was carried into the great Hall and placed in front of Harry along with a letter. Harry opened the letter first

DO NOT OPEN PARCEL AT THE TABLE.
It contains your new nimbus two thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch pitch at seven o'clock for your first training session.
Professor M. McGonagall

Harry had a hard time hiding his glee as he handed the note to Ron and Draco. "A nimbus two thousand!" moaned Ron enviously. They four friends quickly grabbed the package and made their way out of the great Hall wanting to open it as soon as possible. However as they got halfway across the entrance hall they were blocked by Crabbe and Goyle. Nott grabbed the package and realised what it was. "That's a broomstick. You'll be in for it now Potter. First years aren't allowed brooms." Nott spat throwing it back at Harry. Ron grinned at Nott "Actually it's a nimbus two thousand. What did you say you had at home? A comet two sixty?" "Comets look flashy but they're not in the same league as the nimbus." Draco finished. "What would you know Weasley you couldn't afford the handle if you wanted to." Nott snapped back.

"Not arguing are we boys?" Flitwick asked as he walked over to them. "Potters been given a broomstick Professor." Nott said quickly. "That's right McGonagall told me the special circumstances. What model is it?" Flitwick asked beaming at Harry. "A nimbus two thousand sir. And it's really thanks to Nott that I've got it." Harry replied trying not to laugh at Nott's look of horror. The four quickly walked off trying to stifle their laughter. "I mean it is true. If it hadn't been for Nott stealing Neville's remembrall. You wouldn't be on the team." Draco laughed.

As the day went by Harry struggled on concentrating on lessons as his mind kept wondering back to his broom under his bed. As soon as they had eaten dinner they rushed to the dorms to open the broom. "Wow" Ron sighed, as the nimbus landed on the bed. The broom was a sleek and shiny mahogany with gold writing and a long neat tail. As seven dragged nearer Harry headed to the pitch in the dusk. Eager to fly Harry jumped on his broom and did a few laps of the stadium. "Hey Potter come down." Wood called carrying a large box under his arm. "Very nice. I see why McGonagall was so excited. You're definatley a natural." Wood said as Harry landed. "I'll explain the rules tonight then you'll join the team three evenings a week for practise." Wood explained. He opened the crate to reveal a large burgundy ball, two black balls and a small golden one.

Oliver pointed at the large one first. "This is the quaffle. The three chasers of the team carry thus snd try to score goals by shooting it through one of the three hoops. Ten points for each goal." Harry nooded showing that he understood so far. "The keeper, that's me, has to defend the hoops and stop the other team from scoring." Wood carried on. "What about these two?" Harry asked pointing at the two black balls. "I'll show you. Take this." Wood said handing Harry a bat the size of a rounders bat. "These are the bludgers." he explained letting one loose. It went shooting into the air and then headed towards Harry. Harry swung the bat and the bludger went shooting in the opposite direction before going toward Wood. Wood grabbed it and wrestled it back in the box. "The bludgers soar round trying to knock the players off their brooms. The beaters, Fred and George, hit them towards the opposite team instead. Don't worry they've never killed anyone here just a couple of broken jaws at the worst."

Wood grabbed the small golden ball with silver wings out of the box." This is the golden snitch. Which the seeker, you, has to catch gaining 150 points for their team and ending the game. That's it any questions?" Harry shook his head. "It's getting dark so we won't practise with the snitch tonight, we might loose it. We'll use these instead." Oliver said showing some golf balls. The pair took to the air and Wood started throwing the balls as fast and gard as he could. Harry didn't miss a single one. "That cup'll have our name on it this year for sure." Wood exclaimed happily as the headed back to the common room.

As Harry walked into the common room he saw Draco sat with Ron and Hermione reading a letter, with a parcel next to him. "You okay babe?" Harry asked as he sat down next to Draco. "Yeah just reading a letter from Mother."

My Dearest Son,
I would love to come to the first game let me know when it is and I'll send a letter to Dumbledore. Tell Harry I'm happy and proud for him. I've sent some food for you and your friends, I also snuck some pumpkin juice for your room.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Love Mother x

"She said that she's happy and proud for you getting on the team. She also said she'll come to your first game. " Draco tells Harry with a smile. Harry blushes and hides his face in Draco's shoulder. Draco turns his head and kisses the top of Harry's. "She's also sent some food and pumpkin juice for us all to share." Draco tells his friends smiling at Harry's adorableness. "I love Aunt Cissy so much right now." Ron smiled. "We heard the words Aunt Cissy and food." the twins said in unison walking over and sitting down.  "Here's your share." Draco told them handing over to cloth bags with their names on. Just then Percy walked past. "Perc Mother sent this for you." Draco called hand over a cloth bag. "Tell Aunt Cissa Thank You." Percy responded before heading up to his dorm. Draco gave Ron his, before he burst, then gave Harry his and then leant over Ron and put one on Hermione's lap. "I told her about you so she sent you one aswell. She also got some Muggle sweets and stuff for you and Harry as she knows you've both grown up in the Muggle world. Also she may have sent you a couple of books as I told her how much you love reading." Draco explained to an astonished Hermione. "Thank You Draco." she responded smiling.

They all opened their parcels, along with the wizarding treats Narcissa sent Harry and Hermione some Dairy Milk, Nerds, Lemon Sherberts, strawberry laces and some fizzy drinks including Pepsi and Lemonade. Hermione looked at the books and realised they were the Little Women series. She smiled and bid the boys good night before heading up to her dorm. Once their she pulled out some parchment and wrote a letter to Narcissa.

Dear Mrs Malfoy,
Thank You so much for the food and drinks, it was lovely for me and the boys to receive them. Thank You for the books also they are one of my favourites and I will treasure them. I am looking forward to meeting you in person at Harry's first game and thanking you in person.
Sincerely,
Hermione Granger

She smiled and attached it to an owl she called, after getting Draco to teach her the call. After she sent it she got ready for bed and fell asleep reading her new books.